Watching whole group on DVR

marsworth75

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
I have a newbie question for you all. We have recently switched from D* to Dish. On the directv dvr it was possible to watch a whole group of recorded shows, e.g. NCIS, by pressing play. You would then get the shows played one after the other without having to go back to the list and select the next show. Is that possible with the 722K?

Don't think so. I've got a 622, which is basically the same as the 722, and I can't do it on that machine.

Call in on Charlie Chat tomorrow night (9:00 PM EST ch 101) & ask the boss! :D

You talking about a "Playlist" type of function. Dish did have intentions of adding such a feature and even went so far as to have a "Playlist" type button on a past software update. I and others on this forum saw the button, but it was not fucntional. However, that button has since disappeared and I haven't heard Dish mention "Playlist" functionality since. It would be a great feature for transferring several DVR recordings to an external DVD or VCR manchine without having to babysit the boxes. I do hope Dish is still trying to bring us that feature. It would also be nice not to have to return to the screen after each viewing of a group of shows, as I often watch a group of the same series and I have found myself slightly annoyed at having to deal with the delete screen at the end of each recording. It would be easier to watch all the episodes, then do a large scope erase ONCE. Some folks may not have a use for such a feature, but it would be nice.

But, yes, as the previous poster said, call the Chat or at least email Dish about this.

That feature would be nice. Heck I'd be happy if my 722 just worked like my old DirecTiVo HR10-250. After watching a show (and deleting it) the TiVo would revert back to the same folder and already have the next (oldest) show highlighted ready to start watching (with just the press of one button). I'm not sure about DirecTV's latest DVRs, but DISH's 722 reverts back to the top of the top level DVR list -- so then I have to scroll down to find the folder again, then open the folder, and then scroll down to the oldest show.

A feature you may have missed: when in the internal drive list of recordings, you can press 9 to go to the end of the list or 1 to go to the top. It even works in folders. Some versions of the software allowed other numbers like (#-1)/8-ths of the way down. It does not work on the EHD where I have 300+ listings (taking a lot of page downs) nor in any other list like the timers. But the 1 or 9 are helpful.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)