Water In Cable Line

SteveR

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 20, 2004
Receiver reception from 61.5 was coming in intermittent and finally quit all together. When I went outside and unscrewed the line from the dish entering the DP34 switch, water came out of the connector. I left the cable end disconnected and pointed straight down. Water continued to drip out for a long time, leading me to believe that water was not only in the connector, but also in the cable. The inside of the connector is corroded. Techs are coming out Friday to fix. Other than running a new line from the dish to the switch, is there anything else I should insist on the tech checking/fixing? Also, what should I do to prevent water intrusion in the future? Thanks.

Steve

That happened to me. There was a cut on the cable where water was getting in so I just replaced the cable (100 ft run). Inspect the where the cable is run and see if you can find any sharp edges that might have caused the cut.

Had a leak in cables runing to receivers once. Receivers destroyed by water going through the connection on the box. If cables are pulled through holes in masonry, there is good chance for abrassions.

hello,

double check and make sure the tech has proper drip loops installed, to avoid this happening in the future

I'm going to point out something.

At one time, several people on here said that flooded cable was not needed.

If he had flooded cable with a silicone filled connector, either compression or a crimp with silicone in the hex, this would not have happened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)