Waterproof SWM8 Box

Status
Please reply by conversation.

petsheep

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
Chicago
Long story short... my Slimline used to be mounted on my balcony and I've moved it to the roof using a non penetrating roof mount. I used to have my SWM box covered on my balcony so rain and snow could not get on it. Now that the box is on the roof, I'm afraid that water will damage the box. I put a plastic membrane around to box for now, but I want a more permanent solution. Do I even have to do this? Am I over paranoid? Anyone run into this issue? I'm sure I can figure something out, but I'm just looking for some suggestions or ideas from the forum.

Thanks!

petsheep said:
Long story short... my Slimline used to be mounted on my balcony and I've moved it to the roof using a non penetrating roof mount. I used to have my SWM box covered on my balcony so rain and snow could not get on it. Now that the box is on the roof, I'm afraid that water will damage the box. I put a plastic membrane around to box for now, but I want a more permanent solution. Do I even have to do this? Am I over paranoid? Anyone run into this issue? I'm sure I can figure something out, but I'm just looking for some suggestions or ideas from the forum.

Thanks!

If they have rubber grommets on the ports then there's nothing to worry about but putting it in a box wouldn't hurt.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts