Wavefrontier T90 Tripod base Setup...help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

borderfox

Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Folks,

How do I go about setting up a stable tripod here?

I can see this install is going to leave me without hair
eek.gif

Last edited:
Folks,

How do I go about setting up a stable tripod here?

I can see this install is going to leave me without hair
eek.gif

Either make a form and pour a concrete slab or sink a pole in the ground.

I had a very similar installation of a T90 where I poured a triangle shaped slab, still working great.

Either make a form and pour a concrete slab or sink a pole in the ground.

I had a very similar installation of a T90 where I poured a triangle shaped slab, still working great.
Thanks for that Jerry. I've got this far;

Image1
Image2

I've been trying to tune in with 16*E as central sat (i'm in europe) - as shown here. Have been connecting directly with receiver (receiver and tv outside beside dish) as don't trust those cheap 'satfinders'. However, i've failed to find a signal - just have 50-59% displayed regardless of what way its facing. As 16*E is a weak sat here, is there anything to be gained by trying to tune in one of the stronger (yet offset) sats first ie. Astra2 or Hotbird???.....or does the fact that they're offset mean that it will be even harder to get these?

Find a satellite close to your center lnb postion which is strong.

Make it you new center,

use the cheap satellite meter and hunt for the signal, left and right, up and down.

When you get a signal attach the receiver and scan to verify that you are on the correct satellite. (Don't scan with the signal meter attached)

Start skewing the dish and hunt for signal on the two outer most LNBs. only skew adjustments.

Once you have the two outer most LNB receiving a signal, retune the center LNB and perform a fine adjustment on Elevation and skew for best signal on the three LNBs.

All other LNBs added later will be peaked by movement on the rail. (No more elevation, azimuth or skew adjustments)

Thanks for the detailed post jerry.
Have the following tuned in sucessfully;

1*W (although weak signal)
13*E (reference Sat)
16*E
19*E (only getting about 80% signal strength)

Now the one piece of advice I forgot to take was to adjust skew to tune in outermost sats. I adjusted everything else in the process except skew - had been using the skew (and other settings) provided by the online calculation for the T90 at Satlex.
My most easterly sat (28.2*E) is the only one that I have failed to tune in. Given that I have the others tuned in, is it possible that I can completely miss (absolutely no signal found) this sat - when I check anywhere along that side of the rail??
My worst fear here is that i've messed up - and the signal for my last sat is hitting an obstruction. I didnt think of adjusting skew - and wont get the opportunity until next week.

In the meantime, it would be great if anyone with experience of installing these beasts could confirm the likelihood of skew adjustment solving the problem despite receiving absolutely no signal on this last sat???

Peak 1W with elevation and skew (of the dish). Then check for 28.2E, if you still can not find it, adjust the skew to the extremes that 1W still works at.

Like this;
Skew 35 (Made up number)
1W = 60%
28.2 E = 0%

Skew 36
1W = 80%
28.2E = 30%

Skew 37
1W = 60%
28.2 = 60%

If it does not work like that for you, then maybe it is a line of sight issue.

4-Way Diseqc Switch installation

Thanks again for the input Jerry. Managed to improve the signal on 1*W and 19*E - but it looks like i got caught out (by a yard or so..) on mount placement - as it seems that I don't have line of sight for 28E. Not the end of the world though as I will convert my motorised dish to fixed for 28*E and slap a quad lnb on it.

Latest problem i'm having is getting a 4 way diseqc(2.0) switch to work. Have connected cable directly from quad lnb's to (Dreambox 500 running Gemini 4.1.0) receiver - and no problem. However, have now wired up the lnbs back to diseqc switches and get no signal. Everything seems to be configured ok on the receiver - in so far as i've set each sat as LNB1/2/3/4.

I'm assuming I dont have to use specific ports on the quad lnbs to match ports on the switch right?

Is there anything else I could check when troubleshooting this???

Diseqc switching problems;

Poor cable ends,
wrong switch configurations,
ground loop between reciever and dish.
Will double check cable ends and config.
Ground loop between reciever and dish..? how would this occur?

Ground loop is when two different ground points are used. A stake in the ground out at the dish and then the receiver is grounded to the house electrical service. The two points transfer electricity between them through the shielding of the cables. Diseqc switches see this current flow as nosie or sometimes as commands.

Ground loop is when two different ground points are used. A stake in the ground out at the dish and then the receiver is grounded to the house electrical service. The two points transfer electricity between them through the shielding of the cables. Diseqc switches see this current flow as nosie or sometimes as commands.
I have the switches fastened along the dishes mount. The receiver - by default - is grounded once its plugged in is it not?
Could this be the problem then - and if so, what do I do exactly??

Simply test for ground loop is to use a unground plug (only for a test) at the receiver, and see if diseqc switch works.

Unmounting the switches, might work.

The ground at the dish and the house need to be the same physical location, IE ground stake.

Many receivers have only two prong plugs. If that is what you have - then the receiver is not grounded.
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Motor..?

It's Over

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)