Way To Hide Unwanted Channels!

henderson_tony

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
Okay, so I don't have a way, or maybe I do. More so posing a question. Alot of people want a way to hide unwanted channels, and are happy that the new software allows this for channels under 100. My question: Why not just set up favorite channels ommiting the ones you don't want. I did this awhile ago, and its very convenient. Just wondering?

TONY

Ya good point. Inadvertently i just found myself using the regular channel listing b/c i wanted to start from the channel i was on. So i guess i bounce back and forth. Hmm..maybe an improvement would be for the fav to default to the current channel.

TONY

I have my favorites list set up but sometimes (or usually) I like to surf the channels using the surf bar. It's annoying to have to skip over the movie channels that I don't subscribe to.

henderson_tony said:
My question: Why not just set up favorite channels ommiting the ones you don't want. I did this awhile ago, and its very convenient. Just wondering?

I am doing that too, but I find it very inconvenient:

1. I like to browse channels (by pressing ChUp/ChDown). Unfortunately, it is not possible to limit the channel sequence to Favorites only, and browsing through dozens of empty channels is no fun.

2. I can use a colored button in the Surf Bar to surf through Favorites, but it requires several clicks and only works in one direction.

3. I would like to be able to use the Favorites list for its main purpose: to identify several of my favorite channels, not to store the entire list of channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)