Ways to reduce bill?

lwh1993

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
I'm thinking of ways to reduce my bill. It's about $135 a month. I have two 722 boxes with HBO and America's 250 with HD.

I'll drop HBO once Trueblood is over and don't think I need the DVR functionality of the 2nd box since I rarely watch recordings on it.

Is it possible to hook up an EHD to a non dvr box and watch shows I transfer from the DVR?

If not it's not a big deal. My contracts up in December and looking to save a few $$'s.

You could drop one 722 and go to a 612 and have everything you have now except (1) TV2 outputs, (2) Sling Adapter capability, and (3) PIP. $10/mo. Or skip the DVR and 2nd tuner entirely for a 211: $7/mo.

You could drop one 722 and go to a 612 and have everything you have now except (1) TV2 outputs, (2) Sling Adapter capability, and (3) PIP. $10/mo. Or skip the DVR and 2nd tuner entirely for a 211: $7/mo.

Do realize that a 612 can read a 722's ehd, but a 211 can not.

Take a look at the channels that you really watch. Look at the channel that you record on your dvr would be a good way to make a list. Then go to Dish's web sit and look at the packages and pick the lowest package tht has 90% of what you watch. If you mostly watchd HD, go for the America, or America Silver or Gold packs. Get rid of one 722 and get a 211 and add an EHD to it top make it DVR. Lots of ways to save money, if you are serious. Dirt team is OK, but your friends on this forum are the best help.

Yes it is frustrating that I got my bill down to $93 a month but $17 of that is my second receiver fee. However I did get HBO free for 3 months, Cinemax free for one and now I also have the sports pack for free.

Thanks for all of the help. I'd love to drop down to America's top 200 but my wife loves the Cooking channel. I am confused if I have HD free for life what is platinum for?

Below is my itemized bill:

America's Top 250

DVR Service

Protection Plan (15)

HD 250 Free

HD/SD (2TV) DVR Receiver

HBO

Dish Platinum

Ok, I'm dumb. Can I drop Dish Platinum, I could care less about those channels? does dropping a 722 and adding a 211 change my priciing at all.

Ok, I'm dumb. Can I drop Dish Platinum, I could care less about those channels? does dropping a 722 and adding a 211 change my priciing at all.

Dropping a 722 and then getting a 211 does drop your price by $10 per month. But, in order to make it a DVR you have to pay the $40 fee, and you cant transfer the External Hard Drive from the 722 to a 211, it would make you have to reformat it.

If you would like to send a Pm with your account info i can look into the Dish Platinum issue for you. I can also see if any other avenues exist for reducing your bill further. bigwillieb is correct about the DVR not being compatible between 722 & the 211.

I sent my phone number, let me know if there's any opportunities to improve my bill

I dropped all the way down to the 120 pack. I was pretty surprised that I didn't really miss any of the channels that I lost. My bill went from over $90 down to $66. I have a 722 as my main receiver and two 211's, one of those with a EHD.
I know you said your wife would miss the cooking channel, but you need to see how much you are paying to watch just that one channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts