WB,UPN Superstation package?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Orangeblood

Original poster
Feb 6, 2004
Anyone know if D tv will get that superstation package with WB and UPN?

KTLA, WWOR, WPIX etc......

Orangeblood said:
Anyone know if D tv will get that superstation package with WB and UPN?

KTLA, WWOR, WPIX etc......

Can't you pickup those channels OTA?

Some areas do not get UPN and/or WB. Sure would be nice if DirecTv would get the SuperStations, some would switch from Dish to DirecTv if that was the case. At the same time it would be nice if Dish could carry HD Supers.

To answer your wquestion there is currently noi reason to believe that D* will carry the superstations.

WLong said:
Can't you pickup those channels OTA?

There are many areas that can't get both OTA
WB usually wont put an affiliate in a 100+ market..they make it cable only.
Most smaller areas have UPN as low powered, cable only, or on a digital subchannel.

Duluth, MN is a perfect example..WB is cable only..UPN is a subchannel on NBC.

I contacted the regional UPN manager for my time zone.

Now that Direct TV owns WWOR (UPN).

He said He would look into why WWOR is not given to all cities that do not already have a local Over the Air UPN.

The feeling I got though made me think it would never happen. (like He was just saying they would look into it, to get me off there backs).

WWOR is already uplinked on Direct TV. They would just need to move it from the Spots to Conus and then update there Teirs for each city that needs it to include that channel. (about a days worth of work for them).

I would suggest calling or emailing your UPN and WB Reps. When I talked to the UPN Rep, He did not think it was an issue as they are on Cable in my area, but not over the air. I guess He thought no one used Direct TV.

Does a sub 100 (DMA) local channel market with a UPN and WB affiliate automatically get put into the local channel package on DIRECTV? If it doesn't, how can one find out exactly what channels will be put into the package [on DIRECTV] when it comes to that DMA? :)

Go to the fcc web site http://www.fcc.gov/mb/video/tvq.html and put in the station call sign. IF they have a -LP after their name when it comes up, that means they are low power and cannot demand must carry. It is up to the DBS provider to decide to offer it or now. Dish tends not do offer it, DIRECTV seems to offer LP UPN/WB if they are able to recieve them at the POP.

Also a lot of times these sations are owned by other stations in the market and they bargain to carry when they carry the main station.

ScottChez said:
I would suggest calling or emailing your UPN and WB Reps. When I talked to the UPN Rep, He did not think it was an issue as they are on Cable in my area, but not over the air. I guess He thought no one used Direct TV.

Here is a question. If your DMA has a "cable-only" WB! affiliate, does DirecTV carry it? I used to think not, but then I read somewhere that they do. Which is correct?!

~Alan

I guess when DirecTv has all the DMA markets up then this will not be a concern but that may be a while.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts