Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Just was flipping through last nite (after one happy FTA day) :) and went to check out the G10 stuff.
WBIF (Pax) & WBMM (Pax) might have changing affiliations. Becasue at the top of the hour they ID's as

"Lick TV"...throw your remote away and had the "wall of wrestling" last nite (I was happy)

6 central....NWA Wildside
7 Central....Pro Pain Pro Wrestling (3PW)
8 central....Womens Extreme Wrestling (WEW)

Now...either somebody bought time on the stations, or they are changing because I dont think the "family oriented" Pax would allow things like
-Blood...and lots of it (3PW had Abdullah the Butcher vs. Kevin Sullivan)..you wrestling fans would know these 2 spill blood like water
-a woman on WEW named.....GI Ho..everyone's hero :)

Have to check tonight to see if PAX is back.....the other ones are still Pax

Ogre

This GI Ho is not Tylene Buck (AKA Major Gunns)....her "gunns" aren't as big :D

Sometimes I take out the tapes that I have that are 15 years old and pop them in. Everytime I watch them, I say, man the good old days.

Iceman,

I notice that WBVT on G10 has changed it's call letters to WGMU and are calling themselves "The Green Mountain." It's still Burlington, VT and the programing seems to be the same. Wonder if this is coincidence since they are all Equity stations.

~J~

September is usually the time for network affiliation changes and syndication programming changes. Equity my have cut a group deal with one of the networks. Plus I think WBVT had those calls before Equity bought it. So they may have just put their "personal" touch on the station.

Guess we will know in a week what all the changes are since KWWF is promoting that date, I suspect the others will have their chagnes around that date also.

KWWF is going to UPN...I pulled up a zip on zap2it that has KWWF OTA (titantv didnt have it)
September 13th they switch to UPN.

Jim Adams said:
Iceman,

I notice that WBVT on G10 has changed it's call letters to WGMU and are calling themselves "The Green Mountain." It's still Burlington, VT and the programing seems to be the same. Wonder if this is coincidence since they are all Equity stations.

~J~

I noticed that too..same UPN stuff

KWBS had the same stuff as the other 2 last night. So the only Pax left is KYPX

Checked the PAX site (www.pax.tv) and the 3 stations are no longer on the list
WBIF
WBMM
KWBS

So I guess these might stay independent....hell, other than the 3 hours of Pax stuff, it was Paid Programs. So they replaced the Pax stuff with wrestling and boxing (woo hoo!)

Noticed last night that 5 stations are now using the "Lick TV" moniker
WBIF (use to be Pax)
KWBS (use to be Pax)
WBMM (use to be Pax)
KWWF (was ind...will be changing to UPN on 9/13)
WNYI (was independent)

All had the 3 hour block of wrestling last night :D

KWBS has the correct info on "TitanTV"
WBIF still shows Pax
KWWF doesnt register on there
WNYI doesnt register on there
WBMM doesnt register on there

Iceman,

You can add WPXS, PAX out of St. Louis/Mt. Vernon to your list. I noticed that it has nothing on but Daystar, so I checked it's schedule and it is all religious programing now.

~J~

I'm still not up and operational, so I have to ask...
Is the NWA wrestling the vintage matches or is it the new stuff?

NWA Wildside is real good. Based out of Cornelia, GA (75 miles from Atlanta). Been watching them on our local Ind (KSTC 45 Mpls) since 2000. They do TV tapings that are shown on TV about a month later (last weeks show was taped Aug 7th)

Some of the guys are real green (new and inexperienced) but there are 3 people who cut the best promos in the business, which make up for it.
-Al Getz...only one I know who, mid sentence, will turn around and tell the hecklers at ringside he's going to kill them if they don't shut up
-Urban Assault Squad- These 2 black men have had for about 3 months now "the cracker challenge" where they challenge 2 white guys to a match. They have had a feud with Silo Storm for this whole time. Silo keeps bringing a new partner every time they wrestle. Only show I've seen where 2 black guys will "hang" a white guy. They keep calling it "NWA Whiteside"
-Jeff G Bailey-the god of promos. His promos are psychotic. He will use references that are eerie of what his men are going to do to his opponents. His last great promo (preparing his team for a cage match)
"My team is gonna take your face and stick it in that fence, and rake it back and forth, until that cage is dripping with skin, blood, sweat and viscera. You're all going to pay the ultimate price in War Games. "

Sorry to get off track but NWA Wildside is much better than WWE IMO.

Found an article on why Equity dropped PAx

Equity Broadcasting Prevails in Arbitration Against Paxson Communications
Friday August 27, 7:30 am ET
Broadcaster Will Terminate All PaxTV Network Programming in St. Louis, Montgomery & Panama City This Sunday

LITTLE ROCK, Ark., Aug. 27 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Equity Broadcasting Corporation, the nation's ninth largest television broadcast station group, announced today that a three member arbitration panel ruled in its favor in an ongoing arbitration proceeding with Paxson Communications Corporation (Amex: PAX - News). The Panel ruled that Paxson breached "most favored nations" provisions in Equity/PaxTV network affiliation agreements by failing to offer amendments that would have shortened the ten year agreements to two years, and the Panel exempted Equity from broadcasting PaxTV infomercial and religious programming since 2001. The Panel further ruled it would hold a hearing later this year to determine Equity's damages resulting from PaxTV's breach.

Equity also announced that as of midnight August 29, it will cease broadcasting PaxTV programming on the three stations directly affected by the Ruling -- WPXS in St. Louis (DMA # 21); WBMM in Montgomery, Alabama (DMA # 115); and WBIF in Panama City, Florida (DMA #158). Equity has also notified Paxson that it will cease broadcasting PaxTV on KWBS in Springfield, Missouri (DMA #78) and Fort Smith-Fayetteville, Arkansas (DMA #107), a station that was not involved in the arbitration directly, but which is subject to termination on the same basis as are the other three stations.

PaxTV, the so-called "seventh network", was launched in 1998 with a promise to provide twenty four hours a day of quality family-oriented programming free of excessive violence, explicit sexual themes and foul language. Unable to garner viable ratings for its schedule of low budget original programming and late-cycle syndicated programming, in January 2003, PaxTV increased its infomercial and paid programming to more than half of its broadcast day.

"The Panel's ruling means that we can terminate PaxTV in these markets, and focus on rebuilding these stations to better serve our viewers." Said Larry Morton, Equity's Chairman and CEO. "These stations represent more than 2% of US television households. Not being locked into long term PAX affiliations should significantly improve Equity's position in these markets."

"Last week, Paxson's Chairman criticized NBC for failing to abide by the 'plain meaning' of 'clear and unambiguous terms' of an agreement," said Jeff Sanders of Seyfarth Shaw in New York, Equity's counsel in the arbitration. "It is somehow fitting that the Panel's ruling here is based on the conclusion that Paxson failed to honor the unambiguous language of its own affiliation agreements."

About Equity Broadcasting Corporation

Equity Broadcasting Corporation has become one of the fastest growing broadcast companies in the United States. Since 1997, the company has dramatically increased its broadcast holdings and vaulted into the enviable position of being one of the 10 largest broadcast companies in the country. For more information on Equity Broadcasting Corporation, please visit the company's Web site at http://www.ebcorp.net .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts