[Connecticut] WCCC is no more?!

I was liistening between 4:40 and 5 pm while driving home, because I saw the brief glimpse of this post at lunchitime at work. I was thiinking it was a stunt (not realizing the station had been sold) I was trying to think what they could "flip" to monday morning and say gotcha.. But I guess not. I loved CCC growing up, it really is sad to see them go. For a while I think they even had a wrestling show on that had behind the scenes stuff, that was a great show. Howard Stern , the Litch. Of course Steven Wayne. Man this is so sad. I was really really hoping it was a stunt. The past year I really couldn't listen much, it didn't seem to "fit me" anymore . I loved the way they went out.
It really was a great sign off. Sadly the last 5 hours of CCC were the best in a long time. I wish we had more of "The Rock". There isn't a station around here or maybe anywhere that was as special as WCCC back in the day.

Reactions: Annie61
Apparently WAAF (97.7/107.3) out of Mass is on TuneIn Radio. I put it on yesterday and heard a band I hadn't heard of in high school, who's releasing a new album today. Glad there's still some rock around.

wlzx (lazer 99.3), out of northampton, ma is on tune-in as well. before the change to classic, wccc and waaf were quite similar, and wlzx is somewhat the same as waaf... not many choices in western / southern new england for this format. i wished i knew about that drc thing - i actually listened to that station with my father in the 70's and 80s, and about 15 or so years ago i started listening to it myself as i grew older.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)