[Connecticut] WCCC is no more?!

The call letters will be going away as well.

However WCCC AM will survive and was not part of the sale.

Howard Stern will be calling in tomorrow as they will be running a special history of WCCC show up until 5 PM and then the station switches over to K-LOVE.

The call letters will be going away as well.

However WCCC AM will survive and was not part of the sale.

Howard Stern will be calling in tomorrow as they will be running a special history of WCCC show up until 5 PM and then the station switches over to K-LOVE.
They really should have killed the station when they flipped to classic rock. It has been a sad slow death the past 18 months. I don't know why they didn't just sell it off years ago.

Howard Stern was great. I am not sure if it was my email to him that got him to call in he mentioned that he had to call when he got the note from Scott. In the past when I have contacted Howard he has always quickly replied back... but no reply to this note, so it might have been another Scott.

How CLASSLESS is Connoisseur Media they have actually taken out ads on the final show advertising WDRC.

This has been a great show so far!

Howard Stern was great. I am not sure if it was my email to him that got him to call in he mentioned that he had to call when he got the note from Scott. In the past when I have contacted Howard he has always quickly replied back... but no reply to this note, so it might have been another Scott.

How CLASSLESS is Connoisseur Media they have actually taken out ads on the final show advertising WDRC.

This has been a great show so far!
This is the CCC I know and love. It was a shame when they blew it apart to go classic. The soul was sucked out when they made the move. Even last night when I turned back in I could not lisiten to it, it was painful. I am glad they are getting one last goodbye.

This is the WCCC I remember as well. Have been enjoying it (except for the WDRC ads).

And yes this is GREAT that they are able to have a send off like this on the air. It is something that the WDRC guys didn't get to do... which why I am holding this party tomorrow night so everyone has their chance to say THANK YOU and Goodbye for now to their fans. I have over 12 former on air people from DRC who will be there... and its an HONOR for me to do this for them. Out of the 12+ on air people coming I have only met 1 of them in person, but listening to them all over the years I feel like I knew them all. :D

I get the feeling that DRC spot is a jab at Connoisseur. Speaking of that, with the rumors that they were in the market to buy CCC what would they have turned the format into had they actually bought the station?

And with PLR being the only rocker left in CT will they go somewhat heavier?

I have been talking to people at WCCC and also also Grahame Winters from WDRC whos husband worked at WCCC (And is there now) and they say the ads are real... :(

How low can you go?

So how bad off was WCCC, I am hearing near bankruptcy. Was it going bad before flip to classic and did that flip help or hurt them long term? I know it drove me away.

Very bad off. They were trying to go after a format that consultants told them would make money... and while their ratings went up the economy did not give them the earnings they expected. :(

Very bad off. They were trying to go after a format that consultants told them would make money... and while their ratings went up the economy did not give them the earnings they expected. :(
The rock format in general seems to be dying. That is the sad thing, when a station like CCC can't make it who can. Is it possible that the call letters could be resurrected. It happened with MRQ. Is there even a market anymore for active rock.

I was liistening between 4:40 and 5 pm while driving home, because I saw the brief glimpse of this post at lunchitime at work. I was thiinking it was a stunt (not realizing the station had been sold) I was trying to think what they could "flip" to monday morning and say gotcha.. But I guess not. I loved CCC growing up, it really is sad to see them go. For a while I think they even had a wrestling show on that had behind the scenes stuff, that was a great show. Howard Stern , the Litch. Of course Steven Wayne. Man this is so sad. I was really really hoping it was a stunt. The past year I really couldn't listen much, it didn't seem to "fit me" anymore . I loved the way they went out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)