WD making 4 TB disk.

Okay, obvious question: When will Dish (or Tivo) put it in a DVR? :)

Hmmm, my HR20 currently has a 2TB. But $600+ to add 2 additional TB's its a bit pricey for me.

I'd like remark this - it's a dual drive enclosure, not just one huge 4 TB disk; could be configured as RAID-0 ie 4 TB size or RAID-1 ie 2 TB mirror for guard your data.

And you can bet it will format to a maximum of 4 trillion bytes, not 4398046511104 bytes. That's almost 400GB difference there because hard drive manufacturers count in decimal, computers count in binary. Clueless buyers will complain about "losing" 10% of their storage space when they connect it to their computer.

Seems kind of a waste to make a drive that large when platter based drives are now deep in the throws of dinosaur death with the growth of SSD's but for now I can see that it will have a place on the commercial side of things.

I'm still waiting for the solid-state memory PCI-e cards to arrive in force. I have some servers at work that I'd like to speed up... :D

Seems kind of a waste to make a drive that large when platter based drives are now deep in the throws of dinosaur death with the growth of SSD's but for now I can see that it will have a place on the commercial side of things.

Maybe for Netbooks...I need more than 128GB of barely faster SSD for my notebooks much less my desktops and servers.

Another Firefox question

Nvidia targets mobile market with Windows 7 optimized GPUs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)