WDCW-DT DC area

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
This as always the digital signal I had the most problem with but the last week ors o my signal readings dropped to 0 to 8% on my 622, Accurian receiver and Philips internal tuner.

Are others having this problem or could it just be spring vegetation causing the problem. I live in one of the oldest neighborhoods in the conty. lots of large oaks etc. i am also writing the station.

Well that si not what I want to hear. And yes we are neighbors. In fact I can guess which house is yours. We are not in the best location for OTA. I guess tht there sia reason for selecting a name with "hollow" in it.

Yup. Half way down the Hazelton Street hill with a white Dodge maxi-van in the drive way. Bad for OTA, good for ducking bad weather however. We have really been fortunate over the years.

BTW, we got FiOS internet! Wow! And if old Charlie's rates get too ugly, we may just get FiOS TV too!

--Doug

I may join you. If you sea guy walking a ridiculously large dachshund (he is a mix) and a cowardly hound dog that is em. I am one block away from you.

Datwell and I are well within that circle. But the low power is an issue. If it increases I will get it more reliably but right now I cannot trust it. It comes in fine on some occasions and does not on others.

BTW the station never did answer my email inquiring about plans to boost that digital signal. So i cannot say if they intend to or not. One of our PBS stations has yet to go digital. So the market is not as far along as we miht like.

Last edited:
How's WDCW analog sig? They run over 4Mw erp on ch 50 with their DT on 51. Rather close. Don't think they'll up the DT power untill the analog shutdown.

I get a fuzzy but watchable analog signal. At that point Ia m better off with DISH. I would like to see some of their programs in HD but I cannot rely on my OTA signal.

Interestingly the signal has jumped substantially the last few days. Perhaps they hada problem or maybe they have boosted the signal w/out announcing it.

Tonight signal strength is going from 88-92. I think that they did something here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)