WDOD FM Chattanooga TN gets new transmitter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
On or about July 1st 2018, according to local reports, WDOD FM (HITS 96.5) 100,000 watts replaced their transmitter that had been used since around the mid 1960's. The coverage area goes from Signal Mtn TN, to Monteagle Mtn (other side you get Nashville stations. Mountain seperates signals from co-channel interference.) It's signal can be be recieved all the way to West Knoxville, into Western North Carolina, the Blue Ridge Mountains of GA (East GA) and South to about Rome Ga (actually in Atlanta coverage area.) and has been reported to be better recieved by listeners eqipment as clearer and stronger in fringe areas. WDOD started as a country station, but when WSKZ 106.5 changed back to classic rock and 97.3/99.3 went off the air, there was a void of Top 40 music. Chattanooga is saturated with country stations. Now, there are 2 major players in Top 40 music in Chattanooga. 103.7 KISS FM (ClearChannel) and WDOD HITS 96.5. Both can be played online through the internet. WDOD plays the popular OPEN HOUSE PARTY radio show on Sat/Sun nights, formerly on WSKZ before its return to classic rock..playing many "side B" songs along with major classic rock hits.

WDOD, "the Wonderful Dynamo of Dixie," as the station referred to itself back in its early days as a country station when my father was a regular listener. I'm back in that area from time to time. As I recall, it was a rock station dubbed "The Mountain" for awhile there after abandoning the country format.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)