We are back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah this one should last us much longer then that. :)

We were not even close to putting a load on the old server. We did this because we had the ability to afford our own server (basically I was refinancing my house and added extra money to the refinance to buy the new server)

Our operating costs were about $1,200 a month becuase we were not only paying for bandwith but the cost to rent the server. Now with this new server our cost of operations drop down greatly (by almost 90%)

The total cost of the server was almost $7000 when you figure out the cost of the server, cost of upgrading additional equipment outside the server itself, cost of software, cost of shipping and start up costs and upgrades at the ISP.

This server should last us for a long long time. With that said though I am planning on putting money away for a second server for the future. :D

Purogamer said:
So it should last until september or so, right?
UMMMM Nope! I don't think I will let Scott buy another server again (at least not that soon). :p Although, I have allowed him to get all the ones so far, so who knows! :D

Prize Goddess said:
UMMMM Nope! I don't think I will let Scott buy another server again (at least not that soon). :p Although, I have allowed him to get all the ones so far, so who knows! :D

You should know by now you cannot take away our toys from us. We tend to go through computer buying withdrawl every couple of years.:D

LonghornXP said:
You should know by now you cannot take away our toys from us. We tend to go through computer buying withdrawl every couple of years.:D
Every couple of years is fine, twice a year is another matter altogether :)

Prize Goddess said:

Look out Scott! Looks like the Better Half has spoken!!:)

So what did Ler end up getting installed on it? Freebsd 5.5 AMD64 or Freebsd 6.1 AMD64? She is flying. Those supermicro servers are very impressive.

STABLE in FreeBSD terms is NOT necessarily bug-free, just that the API's are stable.

See http://www.freebsd.org/ for definitions, etc.

As a matter of fact, around 4am my time (CDT), I rebooted into a fresh kernel.

LER

I'll leave this for Scott. Just tried to call him with no luck.

I don't know the vb E-Mail stuff well enough.

LER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)