we are the mudds?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikedz4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
Can anyone else think of a waste of channel space than the stupid advertisement for the jeep commander. It features a two minute spot about a family going on a trip in a new commander but this family has mud on their faces and clothes. In a brand new vehicle. I wouldn't get in my new car with mud on me. Then they show the seat folding down and it repeats. What a waste of space ands stupid infomercial. At least last year they showed off the vehicle and showed it going bajaing in mexico.

Yea, I saw that, what a waste :\ But, (allow me to play devils advocate), if D* is getting cash from a crappy interactive ad, and in turn keeps D* from raising our rates, or putting ads in their STB interfaces (I read comcast was doing that in 2004, dunno about now) more power to them.

i have comcast digital cable and with the new guide they have picture in guide and have gotten rid of the ads. I think it still has a ways to go but it's better than the old guide with ads.

Getting rid of the ads was probably the smartest thing I've heard comcast do.

I just hope D* does more with the interactive feature, I for one would like to see a way to make custom mix channels, you would goto a reserved mix channel and could add 6 channels of your choice to the mix. Also, I would like them to ditch the present active weather system (or add onto it) the ability to receive the local, state specific (or at least timezone specific) weather video stream (like the cable companies have) and not just a low-rent forecast and 6 basically useless maps (doesn't even have a static doppler radar map).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)