We DID IT!

No offense to anyone, but if you saw this as it happened you know that Charlie appeared confused when he made that statement. It was in response to a direct question regarding NBR on the 5xx series, and his immediate response was that we already have it. He was waived off from from other guy in the peanut gallery, and he then back-peddled.

This was NOT an assured announcement from the CEO of this corporation, and certainly nothing that should be relied upon until and unless someone else in the heirarchy confirms it.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.US, EJMCOL! :)

Hmm: "Echostar's Judiciously Minded, Company Owned Lawyer" ?
Sorry, just had to! ;)
Again, welcome and enjoy your stay.

cdru said:
A better name for the 50x series is 5[0|1]x but that's a lot harder to write. :)
I like "5{0,1}?" or even better "5[01]." depending on what you're looking for. ;)

EJMCOL said:
No offense to anyone, but if you saw this as it happened you know that Charlie appeared confused when he made that statement. It was in response to a direct question regarding NBR on the 5xx series, and his immediate response was that we already have it.

I'm with EJ, I'll believe it when I see it (I care less now that my 2 primary boxs are 921s).

Hopefully they'll come through....

Was talking to my buddy about the NBR on his Motorola 6412 (2 tuner comcast). He said there is no way to add start/end padding.

Does the 522 NBR have this?

Just got a note from Charlie confirming that name based recording is coming to the 50X series.

He also appreciates all your concern over the issue, Charlie says "i do want you to know that i appreciate constructive ideas on how we can improve. we may not always be able to execute the ideas but there is no doubt our customers know what they want better than we do."

So again thank you to all!

Cyclone performs a beautiful rendition of his happy dance

I would have to say that the 50x series is likely by far their most populace DVR deployed. When Dish announced that they had over a 1 million DVRs out there, It was the 501/508/510 which had been agressively marketed. The 7200/721s where low quantify and didn't likely contribute much to that million DVRs count. (921s & 522 didn't exist at that time).

I own two 721's and would love to see NBR for this receiver. Does anyone know how many 721's were sold? Are there enough subs to pressure E* to add this receiver to the NBR list? If they can backtrack on the 50X series, why not the 721 as well?

David said:
I own two 721's and would love to see NBR for this receiver. Does anyone know how many 721's were sold? Are there enough subs to pressure E* to add this receiver to the NBR list? If they can backtrack on the 50X series, why not the 721 as well?
i agree the 500 series is by far more popular, but the 721 deserves nbr as well

wow! I am really looking forward to the it now. I wrote to E8 abt upgrading my DVR to 522 due to NBR and they called back saying that they shall offer me a deal on 522 when its available. Now that NBR is coming to 510...not sure if I want to spend more to get the 522. How is 522 compared to 510. 510 is pretty reliable. Is 522 as good? I know 522 has dual tuner that I like as well.

I too have two 721s. I got them last June SPECIFICALLY because of the comment made on the earlier CC that NBR was coming to the 721, among others.

In June 2005 when my upgrade commitment is complete (a customer since 1997, now with Everything Package) I will run down the following list of options:

1. Dish has reconsidered its position and enabled NBR on the 721 (everybody wins).

2. Dish has realized their mistake and will do a zero cost swap of the 721 for an equal or better receiver with NBR and MPEG4[maybe]. We win, Dish looses a bit.

3. Dish does nothing and I go over to the dark side [just kidding]. I should have said DirecTV. Dish looses an eight year customer, DirecTV wins.

Let's see how wise they are...it seemed to work on the 5XXs!

Why did this thread get moved?? If, according to Scott, we really did do it, then we did it on the other forum. It was specifically created, from the Official 921 support forum, to list the issues of concern and then come up with a plan of attack. A success of any sort should be posted where the work is done....

This forum is where the issue started. The "moved" sticky is a pointer here.

It does look like it is coming for sure, and it appears "the guys" had an influence.
I wonder if the NBR email question was a plant (along with the HD ones)?
It certainly got the questions out of the way. :D

JL

942 picture frozen on dvr playback

One thing missing from 942 release notes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)