We DID IT!

How.. You don't need to do anything. They will spool (download) it into the receivers when its finished. The when.....only Charlie's team knows for sure. Lord knows Charlie doesn't have a clue. You won't receive any notice from dishnetwork. Just keep your eyes open or check back here.

Wrong

shadowman11 said:
[
It should be noted no word on the 721, and it should also be noted that name based recording has never been announced for the 921

The reason why name based recording is coming is because of all the SatelliteGuys and DBSTalk members who made their voice heard!

Our thanks go out to Charlie Ergen for working with us to get us the promised name based recording feature back in the mix!

Way to go everyone! See what happenes when we all work together? :D

So, how many unhappy, misled and forgotten 721 owners are out there? I'm happy for the 5XX owners, but I still feel deceived and pissed off... :mad:[/QUOTE]

Shadowman, I beg to differ. I watched either a Charlie Chat or a Tech Chat early in 2004 that said the 921 would receive NBR in late spring, 2004, and the 721 would have it by the fall. Imagine my disgust when the "upgrade" that they did download on the 721 (about three weeks after I bought my second 721) actually added an infuriating "feature", which causes me to have to confirm when I want to change the channel on time-shifted programs. Not only that, but it served to de-stabilize both of my receivers.

I am so sick of DISH that I could puke. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Why couldn't they at least allow you to do a search for a certain show that are not repeats (not new) and allow you to select all and record them all?

rdlink said:
So, how many unhappy, misled and forgotten 721 owners are out there? I'm happy for the 5XX owners, but I still feel deceived and pissed off... :mad:

Count me as one of the pissed off 721 owners. I have a 721 in the family room that we do most of our recording on. I have a 508 in the bedroom that we occasionally record with. I will be VERY frustated when I have NBR on one and not the other.

Scott, I think Charlie needs to know that we are not happy. Yes he says he will give some of what he promised. He needs to know loud and clear that we expect him to keep all his promises on NBR. Giving in a little should not be enough to turn off the pressure on Charlie.

Mitch

I am a happy 721 owner.
I am certain if NBR is added to the 721, so will the DVR monthly fee. I don't want either. Do you really think Dish will give us NBR without charging for it?

Big Bob said:
I am a happy 721 owner.
I am certain if NBR is added to the 721, so will the DVR monthly fee. I don't want either. Do you really think Dish will give us NBR without charging for it?

The 721, like the 921 was sold with the promise of NBR with no DVR fees. DISH has two options:

Provide NBR for the 721, with no DVR fees, and keep my business.

Fail to do so, and lose my business.

From the sound of things the ship is listing to port. Time to turn on the bilge pumps, Charlie.

Big Bob said:
So why do so many people think it's acceptable to have a monthly fee for NBR? It's a feature upgrade. Granted, it's a substantial one, but it's not a new monthly service. Yes, TiVo has NBR and has a monthly fee, but that doesn't mean NBR=fee. DirecTiVo subscribers are paying for a more detailed EPG than is provided to non-TiVo boxes (and SA TiVo owners pay even more for the phone line downloads). That increases the likelihood of a successful match when you have a favorite actor or director in your WishList. DiSH DVRs get an additional week of EPG but it has no more detail than the 2-day guide whether you pay the DVR usage fee or not.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I just emailed Charlie and thanked him for working with us on this. I am VERY happy!

Thanks again to everyone who made our voices heard!
Can you send an e-mail to Charlie and ask him what the hell happened?

I saw this thread pop up today thinking we got something new only to find out it's just another broken promise from Dish Network. Ugghhh.

So, someone care to explain to me why I'm spending $5/month for my 510? Sometimes I wonder why I still have DISH. I've been a loyal customer of theres from the VERY BEGINNING and they treat me like crap.

Who the heck bumped a 10 month old thread rehasing the same old thing. Let it die guys. It's over. The horse is dead and kicking it won't bring it back to life.

And to answer your question RussTC3, your spending $5/month because Dish can charge you $5/month. Simple as that.

The horse is in a coma because Charlie feels no pressure from the subs. To each his own...If you don't like looking at PROMISES made by the CEO of the company 10 months ago...then don't click! The only way to kill this horse is to ignore it. I chose not to...

Ya know, i don't see very many "where's my super-awesome NBR??" posts, so who cares...

We all get along fine without useless NBR. Last thing we need are the bugs that would come with NBR upgrades...

:trolls:
Purogamer said:
Ya know, i don't see very many "where's my super-awesome NBR??" posts, so who cares...

We all get along fine without useless NBR. Last thing we need are the bugs that would come with NBR upgrades...
:trolls:

What is an Internet Troll/ Forum troll?
An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer. Forum Troll delights in sowing discord on the forums. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion. Flaming discussions usually end with name calling and a flame war.

A classic CureZone troll is trying to make us believe that he is a skeptic. He is divisive and argumentative with need-to-be-right attitude, "searching for the truth", flaming discussion, and sometimes insulting people or provoking people to insult him. Troll is usually an expert in reusing the same words of its opponents and in turning it against them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts