Status
Please reply by conversation.

shkarter1985

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Greenwood, South Carolina
Hello,

We just switched from Dish to DirecTV two days ago, and I enjoyed the HD channels. Also I get my locals in HD too (only ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX. No CW, MyNetworkTV, and PBS in HD). But only my local ABC and CBS stations are broadcasting local news in HD, NBC and FOX haven't broadcast their local news in HD yet. I enjoyed it. We got the 200 channel package with premium channels free for three months. Also I enjoyed the DirecTV Active where they showed you local weather from your hometown and other cities. What do you think?

Congrats, and welcome! If you need any help or tips, feel free to post, we will help as much as possible:up

. Also I enjoyed the DirecTV Active where they showed you local weather from your hometown and other cities.

FYI, if you tune to the standard definition version of The Weather Channel (362) a couple minutes before "Locals on the 8's" comes on you'll also get a version of Locals on the 8's for your zip code. A little while after you tune to it you'll get a pop up about hitting select to clear the message, you can either press select or don't do anything and it will go away. Don't hit the exit key once it comes up or the locals on the 8's application will exit and you won't get that info. Not as nice as what cable viewers get but it is your local info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.