We Must Be Getting Close

Hello All, I'm in a test market (Seattle) and am getting the Hopper Plus and 2 Joey 4.0s installed as we speak. I will pass along my impressions/thoughts once done.
Be sure to post some screen shots for prooof as after we have proof they are in the field I can then post more about it. (Although since its still beta software... I can not post a review of it until the units have release software on them.) :)

BTW we are also allowed to help you with your Android TV issues here at SatelliteGuys. :) So if you have any issues ask here and I would be happy to help. :D
Here are some pics. Nifty interface. The future is now!

Attachments

• A9D40C9D-FC7B-4F3A-B21E-269B9EBEA8F6.jpeg
    A9D40C9D-FC7B-4F3A-B21E-269B9EBEA8F6.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 222
  • 36C2994D-DD50-44A3-BF8A-9F010B6CE68D.jpeg
    36C2994D-DD50-44A3-BF8A-9F010B6CE68D.jpeg
    236.7 KB · Views: 251
  • 35D79467-FE0F-4C77-8C49-096BE62886C6.jpeg
    35D79467-FE0F-4C77-8C49-096BE62886C6.jpeg
    281.5 KB · Views: 224
Do we have any price info yet? I'd like to own a J4 so I can turn it on and off without having to send it back to Dish.
So they asked for $25 each on the Joey 4 and Hopper Plus. I guess that’s like an upgrade fee (?). A free install with one month free Dish Protect. No changes to my monthly bill. Didn’t mess up my preferred customer offer but a new 2 year commit was part of the deal.

Hey pmjones; when you get a chance tell us what the improvements are..

Also, did Dish randomly call and ask to try the new products or did you reach them to volunteer?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes sir.

A few bugs. Can’t find the TV adjust in settings as the corners are a bit off. Also, the zoom adjust functionality is gone when I try to adjust aspect for non HD content.

Also kept gagging on wifi so I had to switch to Ethernet. Apps are fast though.
There is no adjustment.

To get to your Dish Settings Go up to the Cox on the top right and then from the menu select DISH settings which will take you to the DISH settings screen.

If you notice looking around there, no matter what kind of TV you have it will report it as a 480i TV, which is a bug. The boxes actually send out the highest resolution that your TV supports. Ignore it says 480. :)

As far as the WIFI goes, if you have the Wireless Joey 4, I find the wireless reception to not to be as good as it was on previous Wireless Joey devices. But this is beta software so perhaps it will be something that can be improved upon when we are on actual production software.

I wish I had my Macbook here with me, as I have screenshots and videos from the units which would help me show you where things were. I actually purchased a new capture setup which can capture up to 4K resolution over HDMI to do this. :D

There is no adjustment.

To get to your Dish Settings Go up to the Cox on the top right and then from the menu select DISH settings which will take you to the DISH settings screen.

If you notice looking around there, no matter what kind of TV you have it will report it as a 480i TV, which is a bug. The boxes actually send out the highest resolution that your TV supports. Ignore it says 480. :)

As far as the WIFI goes, if you have the Wireless Joey 4, I find the wireless reception to not to be as good as it was on previous Wireless Joey devices. But this is beta software so perhaps it will be something that can be improved upon when we are on actual production software.

I wish I had my Macbook here with me, as I have screenshots and videos from the units which would help me show you where things were. I actually purchased a new capture setup which can capture up to 4K resolution over HDMI to do this. :D
How is the speed of the new wireless Joey 4? The wireless Joey 3 slow interface drives me crazy

Scott I used to be able to go to Options on the remote and then 6 and I could adjust aspect on SD content. That functionality disappeared. Choices are still there but the resize doesn’t work. That’s a goof I believe.

That menu should not be there but still is. They will no longer allow you to adjust the SD picture so that it is always on stretch on the SD channels.