Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SatelliteGuys Staff Member Nelson61 has been working HARD on updating our Uplink Report software and data to help us provide you with the most accurate information possible!

Nelson61 has gone through the FCC Database and noticed lots of mistakes in the FCC Database when it comes to the channels affiliation and has painstakingly gone through the FCC Database and compared the information to other sources to try correcting this data so that it is accurate.

If you could please take a moment to check out our listings for your local television market at http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?page=dishnetworkmarkets&sub=true and look over your channels to make sure everything listed is accurate we would appreciate it!

If you do find anything wrong please let us know!

For example...

You take a look at your local FOX station but notice its listed as ABC.

7383WTIC (61)Hartford, CT - ABC, 61MPEG2 SD110°W 20QPSK (5/6)[SIZE=-2] Spotbeam 04[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Hartford, CT[/SIZE] Available

Give us as much information as possible, and let us know the correct network so we can correct TheList.

Thanks for your help and for allowing us to make our data even better for YOU!

(And thanks to Nelson61 for all his hard work!!!)

The DC locals look good to me, except I don't understand the (remap) channel numbers for WNVC and WNVA... I think that is actually a Dish problem and not a problem with TheList! At the transition, both stations went onto virtual channels 30.1-12, with WNVC broadcasting subchannels 1-6 on RF24, and WNVT broadcasting subchannels 7-12 on the real deal RF30. Neither channel has been using RF53 or 56 for a long long time, yet Dish still keeps the old/obsolete channel numbers. :(

And of course I never miss an opportunity to point out that the Harrisburg, PA market is inexplicably and erroneously shown at the top of the Washington D.C. market. (The Harrison, PA market shows only itself. :mad:) I'm looking here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?search=dnall&sub=true&market=Washington, DC

Biloxi/Gulfport

5192WXXV2 (6)Gulfport, MS - FOX, 6MPEG4 HD61.5°W 208PSK (3/4)[SIZE=-2] Spotbeam 62[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Biloxi, MS[/SIZE]Available

6592WXXV2 (6)Gulfport, MS - FOX, 6MPEG2 SD119°W 02QPSK (7/8)[SIZE=-2] Spotbeam A14[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Biloxi, MS[/SIZE] Available

WXXV2 is NBC

6591WLOX2 (14)Biloxi, MS - ABC, 14MPEG4 SD61.5°W 208PSK (3/4)[SIZE=-2] Spotbeam 62[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Biloxi, MS[/SIZE] Available

WLOX2 (14)Biloxi, MS - ABC, 14MPEG2 SD119°W 02QPSK (7/8)[SIZE=-2] Spotbeam A14[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Biloxi, MS[/SIZE]Available

WLOX2 is CBS

5194WMAH (16)Biloxi, MS - PBS, 16MPEG4 HD61.5°W 208PSK (3/4)[SIZE=-2] Spotbeam 62[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Biloxi, MS[/SIZE]Available

6594WMAH (16)Biloxi, MS - PBS, 16MPEG2 SD119°W 02QPSK (7/8)[SIZE=-2] Spotbeam A14[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Biloxi, MS[/SIZE] Available

WMAH PBS virtual channel 19 real channel 16

Last edited:
In the Hattiesburg Ms market, WDAM2 (virtual 8) is actually now ABC for the area (at least on most systems around here, I would assume that Dish is the same).

Jackson Tennessee market lists WBBJ3 as ABC. It is actually a subcarrier of WBBJ (the ABC affiliate) and it carries the CBS network programming.

Memphis Tennessee market lists WPTY as being in West Palm Beach, FL. If it is, they must have a mighty tall tower. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)