We Sold Our House :-)

Brandie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Our house in St Augustine, FL sold after being on the market for only one week. The decision to sell the house was made while away for the summer at our permanent campsite in the North Carolina mountains.

While camping, we bring our 211k with us and leave our 622 at home. We do switch our local channels.

Now for the problem...

We will return to St Aug next week to put all our belongings into a Pod. We do not yet have another house. Our son who lives in the Tampa area has also sold his house and he is actively searching for another home with either inlaw quarters or space enough to add an RV pad. We do not know yet whether this new home will be citified enough for Verizon Fios (which he currently has) or countryfied enough that we will need DN.

So, what will I do with the 622? And come fall, will I just suspend service on the 211k? :)

do you own both receivers?
Reason I ask is if you turn off the 211k they (Dish) will want it back if you lease it. Then when you get settled and say want to add it back you'll start a new 2 year agreement

You can suspend the whole account for $5 a month but if you lease its better to just pay the $6 for the extra receiver for say 4-6 months

If you own it then yes you can remove it from the account and re-add later

I would connect both the 622 and 211 to your TV. That will give you 3 tuners to use until your housing arrangements are more finalized. If you're going to pay for the extra receiver might as well get some use out of it.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive

Are you in an RV? A second receiver in an RV can be challenging. But I definitely use the VIP622 in place of the VIP211K

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts