We Want Rsn's Charlie!

Well this is one of the response I got back today from someone at Dish that I have E-mailed in the past.

At this time in accordance with the local channels in HD; Dish will be adding RSN’s in HD very soon. Again, I don’t have an exact timeline for the HD conversion. If a customer needs a Dish 1000 or Dish 1000+ for the new HD locals in the area; it will be on an individual account basis if a charge is needed to compromise their programming needs. Usually, if the customer doesn’t have the programming and does have the HD equipment, there will be no charge for the additional dish configuration. Thanks again, for your time.

My first post.

Thanks for sharing the great, long awaited news with us. This sounds more credible than last year's promises. If someone certainly came back with a reply like that out of nowhere, unlike in the past, then it's coming "very soon" indeed. This also reiterates DishVIP's info.

At this time in accordance with the local channels in HD; Dish will be adding RSN’s in HD very soon.

Nooooooooo!!! Not, "very soon." That almost guarantees that they won't be added for at least six more months.

Yeah, lol, couldn't be sure what he meant. Still puts him "in the black", eh?:rolleyes: $126 million, yikes!

DirecTV, here I come!

Directv may not have the same isses as E* but it has their own. Why swap one set of problems for another.

For me I like what D* gives me. I like the RSN's in HD, I like the ST package. Thats whats right for me.

Dont jump ship on E* keep the pressure on them. Let them know what you want. Why spend hundreds of new dollars on new equipment?

Wait out E* Im sure you will get your RSN's soon enough.

The clock is ticking for the next college football season. If half the OU games are going to be on FSN again, I want them in HD!

Dont jump ship on E* keep the pressure on them. Let them know what you want. Why spend hundreds of new dollars on new equipment?

Wait out E* Im sure you will get your RSN's soon enough.

I'll let them know what I want by switching! I've spent thousands on HD sets. I'm tired of watching sports in SD on an HD set. It's not just the lack of RSN in HD, but there are no plans for my locals in HD at all. I can't take it any more! Lot's of national sports programming on the "locals." They may call them locals but they are really CBS, NBC, ABC and Fox which are nationals.

Slimline dish on it's way, 622 will be for sale soon. Bye!

I'll let them know what I want by switching! I've spent thousands on HD sets. I'm tired of watching sports in SD on an HD set. It's not just the lack of RSN in HD, but there are no plans for my locals in HD at all. I can't take it any more! Lot's of national sports programming on the "locals." They may call them locals but they are really CBS, NBC, ABC and Fox which are nationals.

Slimline dish on it's way, 622 will be for sale soon. Bye!

I respect your decision. I am a D* sub and what drew me to D* was their sports packages. ST to be specific.

If youre a sports nut welcome aboard.

But it just seems that on the D* boards and the E* boards we all gripe about the same things. Seems like one big circle. E* people moving to D*, D* people moving to E* and the only ones benefitting are the E* and D*!

What drives me even more bonkers- last night's NHL All Star game was in HD, but E* who is quite capable of showing the OLN HD feed as they proved during the NHL playoffs last season, could not be bothered to run the HD feed for this game on 9467. Of course it was on INHD on TW cable.

Ya know, I just don't get how these decisions are made. It seems like HD sports is a low priority for E*. "You get what you get, and be glad your getting anything at all" strikes me as their attitude.

I just posted this in another thread too but I think it's appropriate here too.

I just received this email back from E*:

ceo@echostar.com said:
Brent,

Thanks for the email and your interest in our HD programming. DISH Network is always trying to add more HD content to our programming line up. Right now, we do not have a scheduled launch date for the Regional Sports Networks in HD. There will be announcements in the future on Charlie Chats regarding the addition of new HD channels. Hopefully we will have them added soon.

Sorry this was not more encouraging news. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Eric VanLaethem
EchoStar Satellite L.L.C.
Dba DISH Network
Direct: (720)514-8217

Dish Network's definition of "very soon": Sometime in the next couple of years.

How true! The first "very soon" for HD RSN's was scheduled for last fall. This next "very soon" doesn't even have a seasonal time frame, so maybe it's late 2007 or 2008.

And I didn't appreciate being told by Mike Emerick on VERSUS last night that the NHL all-star game I was watching was being presented in HD...as I watched it in SD on my 60" HDTV! VERSUS is a national channel with HD programming and apparently isn't even being considered as an addition to Dish's HD lineup.

Dish has not convinced me that I should contribute an additional $10/month to this level of programming. Instead of promises, they should give us the RSN's in HD to help justify the price increase. Or are they holding out on the RSN's to help them justify the next $10 increase?

Yea I check the uplink report every week for this very reason- to see if the RSNs have gone live. Especially the NHLHD channels. But it has been so long now, I've pretty much filed it under 'not gonna happen'. :(

I'm with ya! Not showing the all star game in HD was an abomination. I switched to Dish after 6 years with Direc because the HD RSN's were uplinked and I thought I could see my Sharks in HD. Direc now supplies our area with Blue Jackets in HD, at least it's something.

Channel 9467 Shows NBA games in HD, but I've never seen 9466 channel NBAHD show a single thing in the guide! Why deprive hockey fans and show the NBA on 9467?

If the RSN's aren't up by fall and Direc's new satellites are supplying NHLCI games in HD I'll gladly pay the early termination fe for NHLCI HD!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)