We Want Rsn's Charlie!

STORMBO

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
GET US RSN'S AND INHD, THEN I CAN WATCH BLAZER GAMES IN HD, AND COLLEGE BASKETBALL. ALL THE SPORTS GUY'S WITH e* WANT RSN'S CHARLIE. GET IT DONE

They are being uplinked already, its just a case of Dish turning them on for customers.

I asked Charlie about this at the CES Press Conference, and it sounds like they are on the backburner for awhile.

You think the delay is because FOX and E* have "issues"? I know alot of the RSN's are FSN.....or am i wrong...

it seems like dish's complaint is that the rsns don't operate hd channels 24/7

it seems dish is to lazy to program the uplink system themselves with swapping feeds, they'd rather waste more bandwidth with 24/7 channels that they can just uplink and forget it

Dish should push hard to replace all SD with HD (mpeg4 capable) receivers. Then they wouldn't need to offer two versions of the same channel. Won't they need to do this eventually as HD becomes the norm?

HD customers get billed twice too. Once for having the SD version that we don't really want. Then the seperate charge for HD programing that we do want.

HD customers get billed twice too. Once for having the SD version that we don't really want. Then the seperate charge for HD programing that we do want.

Isn't that ironic? DISH being charged how we are charged....and refusing to do it.

Well that what happens when these "National Networks Channels" charge TV Provides like Dish twice. It gets passed down to the customers. So the one to Blame are the National Networks which in this case is RSN's.

What I find ironic is the fact that E* says the RSN's are not live because of lack of content and pricing negotiations...but they expect them to go live sometime in 2007. Huh?? What is going to change in the next 11 months?? Will there be more content? Will FSN magically decide one day to not charge for the HD versions of their channels? Is E* planning on giving in at some point??

What is E* waiting for?

Just happened to go to the 'My Account' section of the Dish Website to get my account info and I noticed a side menu that said 'HD Information'. I clicked on it and was very surprised to see NESN and FOX Sports in HD are being advertised as part of the top 3 HD packages!! What's up with that?

John

I will switch to DirecTV if nothing happens by April 3rd. I will tell them it is due to inferior HD programming. When they tell me how E* has more HD than anyone else I will just laugh and say goodbye. It's that simple.

This is the only way to get Charlie's attention. Stop paying him.

LOL!! Well anyone that goes to Direct for HD will take a step backwards and be paying about the same for less. :D

LOL!! Well anyone that goes to Direct for HD will take a step backwards and be paying about the same for less. :D

Wrong! DirecTV has both my locals in HD and my RSN in HD already up and running, available to me now. ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC. That is what I want, not Voom.

Less is more!

Well OK that might be true for you but fact is that Dish does offer more HUD and rather folks like Boom or not. Overall Dish still has more "National Channels" than Direct and Dish is adding Locals in HUD just like Direct. So folks do get less HUD from Direct to where with Dish you get more. So point is Dish still has National HUD Channels that Direct does not have. When the other National Channels that Direct is claiming they will have if those channels if their HD version up. Well Direct and Dish can carry them but for now the facts are in the numbers. Dish has 30 HD Channels so they are closer to 100 to where Direct has only around 12.

Either way man do what you want but Dish will get the RSN's up plus keep adding more locals in HD just like Direct. Right now between the two I will be glad to get my locals due to that's 4 channels of HD compared to 1 in RSN Channel. Plus those four locals will have more shows in HD or content compared to the RSN Channel. But I agree that it will be nice to have them both which when I get both that puts Dish up to 35 Channels of HD if you include the 4 locals and the RSN channel.

Last edited:
DirecTV is the HD leader, bottom line. Not DishNetwork. A leader does not say what we cannot do, like Charlie does. A leader says what we can do, like DirecTV does.

Just having more national HD channels does not make a leader. Shoving Voom down our throats just to claim more channels does not make a leader. DirecTV is the proven leader by giving the people what they want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts