Weak G28 Signals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
Does anyone else have problems with a weak signal on G28? It is between AMC 3 and G17. I don't have any problems getting them. I don't understand this. Thw Wake Forrest game was on FR 4000, SR 30000, the best I could do was a 39%. It would lock, but not scan. Naturally, a lot of the stuff I want to watch is on G28 and I am missing it. Your opinions/suggestions will be appreciated.

UPDATE: I am now getting the Pentagon Channel at 74%. This tells be that the other weak signals are not a problem on my end.......right?

Last edited:
I noticed my quality was a little weaker, but I had assumed the T90 took a little bit of an alignment hit with the recent bad weather here. It's not so much weaker that it would send me out to realign in the cold, but it is noticeable.

Does anyone else have problems with a weak signal on G28? It is between AMC 3 and G17. I don't have any problems getting them. I don't understand this. Thw Wake Forrest game was on FR 4000, SR 30000, the best I could do was a 39%. It would lock, but not scan. Naturally, a lot of the stuff I want to watch is on G28 and I am missing it. Your opinions/suggestions will be appreciated.

It was a bit weaker but the game signal was around a 70 quality on my Traxis 3500 so it was similar to what other Fox feeds have been in the past, This was with an 8 ft Channel Master SMC dish. Newsfeeds on the KU side are about where they've always been on a dedicated Prodelin 1.2 meter offset.

Were you using your 8 ft spun?

Yea, the ole 8 footer. The game signal came in at about 62% the Traxis, which is fine, but wasn't that game in HD of 4:2:2? All I got was a black screen and audio on the 3500. It seems that the Quali TV is always about 20 to 30 points lower when it comes to signal strengh. I have realigined the dish the best I can. Since AMC3 and G17 are fine I don't think it's aligment.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)