Weak MoCA on 2 Joeys after HWS/Joeyx3 upgrade yesterday

netter

Dec 1, 2013
kansas city, ks
The 2 Joeys furthest from the box where the signal comes in the house from the satellite and gets split are listed as having weak MoCA. I haven't noticed any particular problems on those TVs yet, but am I correct that this is not normal?

The tech who did the upgrade seemed rather uninformed, and I'm pretty sure he didn't check that while he was here. I'm also pretty sure if I called to ask him about it, he'd have no idea what I was talking about and tell me it's normal. I checked to make sure all connections were tight. Given that the 2 with weak MoCA have the longest cable runs, I suspect this may be a factor. Are others living with weak MoCA, or is this something that needs to be addressed? If so, what's the best way to get someone knowledgeable to help me get it fixed?

A sign of yellow is normally bad cable or cable with low pass barrels in the path/extra splitters not needed etc etc. Follow the cable paths and look for any of those and eliminate them and if no low pass (white insert in middle) barrels or extra splitters then the line may need to be replaced.

Do keep in mind that its just yellow - it may not cause any problems at all but once they get Red there is certainly an issue and you will notice problems mostly like picture breaking up.

It looks like the yellow "weak MoCA" actually only shows when looking at the connection from the TV's with the 2 Joeys furthest away. When I look at the connection from the HWS, all MoCA levels show as green including the 2 Joeys furthest away.

So I'm guessing that the weak MoCA indicator I'm seeing is reflecting the connection from one of the furthest Joeys to the other furthest Joey. From each of those, the MoCA listed for the HWS is in the green. But given that a weak signal is detected to at least one other device in the system, then the overall rating for that Joey is listed as "weak" and in the yellow.

Can anyone confirm that the MoCA strength indicator is referring only to the specific device you're accessing at the time, and the strength is referencing that device's connection to the other specific devices in the system?

I'm guessing that since my HWS shows all devices in the green, that data transfer to each device should remain fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)