Weak moca

Murf2021

Original poster
Nov 16, 2021
Michigan
I have a duo and joey install that was having week moca... long story short i replaced the dish,lnb,line from dish,hub,line from hub to duo,line from joey to hub, also replaced duo and joey.. still have week moca have never seen anything like this in my life.. nothing elsa to replace cuz every is 100%...what elsa can i do w.t.f.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
This plea should have been posted in the "DISH Network Support forum but I'll start:

MoCA has nothing to do with your dish, LNB or its down-lead cable. MoCA travels back and forth from the Joey, through the DPH Solo Hub to the Duo.

What kind of cable and connectors are you using in this endeavor?

What is the cable length between the Joey and the Duo and are there any devices inserted in between?

Are you using a DPH Solo Hub or some other device?

I'm assuming that you're not trying to use any of the cabling for a secondary purpose.

Rg 56 from perfect 10 dish and dtv approved it says .. dish network solo hub.. about 50 feet from hub to joey
Did you mean to type RG6? RG56 cable is some really nasty stuff (48 ohms, >1/2" in diameter) and is not approved by DISH or DIRECTV.

I asked for the total cable distance between the Duo and the Joey. You've offered just one segment.

It is important that posters who want fast and thoughtful answers not be careless in offering details. Using proper spelling shows respect for your fellow readers.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Using proper spelling shows respect for your fellow readers.
I am a very good speller, always have been since grade school. I am aware that not everybody is as good a speller as I am. Some people don't spell swell or English is not their first language. The OP misspelled a few words, week for weak, nabor for neighbor. Phonetically they sound exactly the same and I knew exactly what he was trying to say. I think your comments regarding respect should have you looking in your own back yard... ;)

May I get involved here, please?
As an European immigrant living here over 35 years and a proud citizen since 1993 I understand both arguments. There are people who can't spell and have poor grammar skills. We all need to show compassion to them. There are also people who are lazy, ignorant and don't care if they have good writing skills. They are losers and always will be.

Without knowing the facts let's give them love and understanding.

As an adjective 'swell' equals 'very good.'
uh-huh yes GIF by South Park

• Haha
Reactions: charlesrshell