Wealth TV 3D on Roku

So how does it look?

I recall Wealth TV from the old VOOM days. I enjoyed it. Might have to buy a Roku box if reports on the 3D quality is good.

It's live at last! (Almost a year later ;)) I just gave it a try. This is great news!
Basically they have a live 24x7 3D channel and a number of VOD programs. Looks pretty darn good! This is like the Discovery HD channel in early HD days: an eye-candy! Currently it's free, though I suspect they will start charging a subscription fee in the future. Might be worth it though.

I do have a couple of issues: first, it keeps re-buffering for me every few minutes. Not sure if the problem is on my end or at their servers. I suspect the problem is on their end, as Amazon videos play without any issues.
Second, it's a side-by-side 3D. Which means, with my passive 3D TV set, I lose both vertical and horisontal resolution. This still looks better than DVD, but not exactly like full HD. But I will take it! Nice to have at least one 3D channel. I just hope the buffering issue goes away.

I'm not finding their 3d content. Everything looks only 2d. My TV is suppose to support it too, but I don't find any content.

I'm also seeing some of the same things. Lots of stalls and rebuffering. I'm not sure its worth it at this point.

I'm not finding their 3d content. Everything looks only 2d. My TV is suppose to support it too, but I don't find any content.

I'm also seeing some of the same things. Lots of stalls and rebuffering. I'm not sure its worth it at this point.

Do you have the glasses, did you set your TV up properly?? Have you watched other 3D content on your TV? Did you download the WEALTH 3D channel? They have a regular channel as well.

Just tried that channel again. Works way better today! No re-buffering at all!
And some interesting 3D programming too! Really enjoying Notes From the Future: reports from MacWorld 2011, The Computer History Museum, Leo Laport (techtv, twit.tv), and much more!

Yeah, I found the correct app, but I didn't try much of the content. I looked at the one minute previews, which did look nice. I didn't really see much I wanted to spend $3 to watch though. The regular Wealth app has a horrible problem with re-buffering and stalling on my TV, seemed fine from the computer.

I didn't really see much I wanted to spend $3 to watch though.

It's currently free! I didn't have to subscribe or register: just added the 3D Roku channel and started watching!
A free 24x7 3D channel on Roku! No re-buffering today.

It must work differently on the roku. That's not how it works through my TV app. The 2d channel requires registration and the first month is free. The 3d channel has free 1 minute previews and $3 / show to watch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)