Weather nation? Is it a goner already?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Let me know if you need help deciding which one to get, I consider myself pretty knowledgeable with Weather Radio's.

Thank you! I know nothing at all about these new radios, I didn't even know they existed until today. I wouldn't know where to look for one or what to look for. Hurricane season starts June 1st. I need to have one before then, this old one makes me batty.. I think I'll give it to my dad, he might tolerate it better than I do.

:)

Thank you! I know nothing at all about these new radios, I didn't even know they existed until today. I wouldn't know where to look for one or what to look for. Hurricane season starts June 1st. I need to have one before then, this old one makes me batty.. I think I'll give it to my dad, he might tolerate it better than I do.

:)

No problem, btw this is the one I was referring to that is sold here at my Publix and Kroger, it has S.A.M.E. ,It doesn't tell you the time that the watch/warning expires like some radios do, but for the price it will do the trick. It has decent reception, better than some other units.

MIDLAND WR100 WeatherAlert AllHazard Weather Radio - Pricefalls.com

(This is not my video) ,(this guy has his set to receive all alerts, but you can change that) but an example of the capabilities of the radio

http://youtu.be/X24lnPUc76c

Texas FIPS Codes

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/nwr/CntyCov/nwrTX.htm

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)