Status
Please reply by conversation.

TimLones111

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Canton, Ohio
Hello all:
Due to the kind offer of a longtime member here, I'll be receiving a slightly used Openbox S9 in the next few days. I downloaded a user manual from the "Manual" section here for an Openbox S10..Will this be good for the S9, or is there another manual I'm missing, or a more updated one?..Thanks for any info..

Kinda depends on the FW version. I'm running a 3rd party modified S10 FW in my S9(which I now LOVE because the "issues" are finally minimal) The menu's are laid out a bit different, but the choices are basically the same. The S9 original FW had the menu selection vertical on the left, S10 is across the top.

I tend to agree. You will have to play with the receiver (which I know you will do!) after you receive it. I upgraded my S9 to the 2nd version which had American satellites listed, (it came with European sats) but the recording shutdown is a pain in the neck, so I will be changing to that 3rd version software FAT referred to.

I'm usually pretty slow about changing software until the bugs are worked out.

i am happy with my updated firmware on my solomend/s9. fat air liked it, 11-12-13, and it is working well. no lockups now but had to change the way i did things with it over the old 11-03-21. charlie

Update:
The S9 came yesterday..(Thanks Blindowl!) After getting 72w for a bit with the North American Sats programned in, I stupidly reset the receiver back to factory (with all European/Asian Satellites..) After re-editing 72w in, I took my old Fortec and a 7 inch tv out to the dish and reaimed 72w..After resetting my lat/long, etc, I did a blind scan..NBC muxes and GBN came in, as well as KFTL-Stockton, which always gave me trouble on the Fortec. Once I figure out all the kinks and put in more of the NA satellites, this should be a definite upgrade..

Cyberham:
You were right. The s9 manual was really hard to decipher at times..

couple of screenshots:

screenshots9.JPG

Screenshot of signal screen KFTL transponder

Manually adding Satellites using The List..Kind of time consuming, but it feels good when channels come in..Am on 101.0 W now..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)