Openbox S9 Manual Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TimLones111

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Canton, Ohio
Hello all:
Due to the kind offer of a longtime member here, I'll be receiving a slightly used Openbox S9 in the next few days. I downloaded a user manual from the "Manual" section here for an Openbox S10..Will this be good for the S9, or is there another manual I'm missing, or a more updated one?..Thanks for any info..

Kinda depends on the FW version. I'm running a 3rd party modified S10 FW in my S9(which I now LOVE because the "issues" are finally minimal) The menu's are laid out a bit different, but the choices are basically the same. The S9 original FW had the menu selection vertical on the left, S10 is across the top.

I tend to agree. You will have to play with the receiver (which I know you will do!) after you receive it. I upgraded my S9 to the 2nd version which had American satellites listed, (it came with European sats) but the recording shutdown is a pain in the neck, so I will be changing to that 3rd version software FAT referred to.

I'm usually pretty slow about changing software until the bugs are worked out.

i am happy with my updated firmware on my solomend/s9. fat air liked it, 11-12-13, and it is working well. no lockups now but had to change the way i did things with it over the old 11-03-21. charlie

Update:
The S9 came yesterday..(Thanks Blindowl!) After getting 72w for a bit with the North American Sats programned in, I stupidly reset the receiver back to factory (with all European/Asian Satellites..) After re-editing 72w in, I took my old Fortec and a 7 inch tv out to the dish and reaimed 72w..After resetting my lat/long, etc, I did a blind scan..NBC muxes and GBN came in, as well as KFTL-Stockton, which always gave me trouble on the Fortec. Once I figure out all the kinks and put in more of the NA satellites, this should be a definite upgrade..

Cyberham:
You were right. The s9 manual was really hard to decipher at times..

couple of screenshots:

screenshots9.JPG

Screenshot of signal screen KFTL transponder

Manually adding Satellites using The List..Kind of time consuming, but it feels good when channels come in..Am on 101.0 W now..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts