Weather problems...

RobertsD

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
Layton, UT
I just had Dish network installed on Monday, and we haven't had any problems until this morning.

This morning it started snowing pretty hard, and after about an hour, I got a signal error :( . I checked the dish, and there is practically no snow on it.

I just checked the weather forcast, and it is supposed to be snowing/raining for the next three days. The signal better not be unavailable for the better part of the next three days.

EDIT: I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just hoping this isn't going to happen everytime it snows...

Last edited:
Maybe the satellite dish was not tuned in right and needs repeaked. You should check your signal strength when you have clear weather.

RobertsD said:
i checked a couple days ago, and I was getting full signal strengh on all three.
You should be good to go then, just one of the downsides of Sat. but still well worth it over Cable.

I Think :confused:

If it was real cloudy to the Swest or South that will cause it too. Let us know.

ke4est said:
If it was real cloudy to the Swest or South that will cause it too. Let us know.
It was cloudy all over ;)

Like I said in my first post, it was snowing heavily(though no snow was getting on the dish).

Anyways, it's all good now:up

It could have happened that if it snowed heavily, even though there was no snow buildup on the dish, that there was some snow on the LNBF eyes, or the heavy snowfall acted like a curtain, either between the sat beam and the dish, dish and LNBF or both. Or the clouds were filled so much with snow, that it made them not let the sat beam pass, like in heavy thunderstorms, when the clouds are really thick and loaded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)