Webcast: Q4 2004 Cablevision Systems Corp. Earnings Conference Call

All these analyst ask the same (re-run questions (like Bonds said yesterday)). They all want to say that CV is getting more subs from Satellite.

The results are actually in a press release issued earlier---in this case before the market opened.. The Conference call itself seldom moves the stock price. the 10K will largely be a repackaging of the information in that press release.

Hoopnoop said:
What is the network DVR? And why would Cablevision favor that over a regular DVR?

network dvr is the sa8300mr made by scientific atlanta. 1 dvr in the home you can watch and set up to record from any other sa box

If VOOM suddenly showed good subscriber growth, it might make investors/CV Board Members re-think, screwing up Charles Dolan's "Phantom Menace" stragedy to launch VOOM LLC and aquire complete control of the VOOM service.

Network dvr -- that's the same as what Voom is coming out with -- so they are pretty much acknowledging that this is the way to go -- hopefully Voom will beat everyone to the punch on this one...

I think the VOOM numbers were actually decent and thats why they didn't talk about them. If others knew that VOOM did well they would be bitching about not being allowed to buy VOOMs assits.

Hoopnoop said:
What is the network DVR? And why would Cablevision favor that over a regular DVR?

When he said that they favor a recording solution over the network he meant the cable network. Cablevision would record every show on every channel and offer them as VOD over the cable - probably for the $10.00 per month like the DVR but then you could get any show on any TV in your house without installing a special box. It is a more efficient solution, gives them more control, and probably has a lower overall capital expenditure.

Hoopnoop said:
Network dvr -- that's the same as what Voom is coming out with -- so they are pretty much acknowledging that this is the way to go -- hopefully Voom will beat everyone to the punch on this one...

nope i believe comcast already signed a agreement with scientific atlanta to start using the multiroom dvrs, voom waited to long. its funny because i had training on the dvr when they first came out, and ask the trainer about the multiroom and he was like there no such thing it would be a few years before that happens. so i went to sciatl.com printed the info on the 8300mr and he was like oh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts