Wednesday 6am Channel List. on D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.
For those of us who are evaluating whether to switch providers, are you seeing actual HD on the non-movie premium channels or are they just the business as usual upconverted SD on the new stuff?

The amount varies by channel, but there is HD content on all of the channels.

The following eleven HD CH's were added.:):
242 USA, 244 SCFI, 273 Bravo, 504 HBOW, 512 MAX, 514 MAXW. These are sports channels:
622, 623, 625, 629 and 640.
Again NO NGHD.!protest There are four more Wednesdays left in October if there is any consolation.:( The Food network fans are just as disappointed.:mad:

I feel your pain! My wife really is wanting HGTV, Food, NG, and a few others in HD, but as long as D* keeps on rolling out the channels on Wednesday mornings, she & I will continue to be happy. :D

Now, what I am really wondering about is the LIL that we were promised, as are we are in one of the few top 50 markets that has no HD LILs, but guess we will just have to be patient. :)

For those of us who are evaluating whether to switch providers, are you seeing actual HD on the non-movie premium channels or are they just the business as usual upconverted SD on the new stuff?

I would expect a mix on a channel like SciFi HD. Their new shows, like Stargate Atlantis and Battlestar Galactica are filmed in HD. I don't know about their horrible movies.

It is going to take a while for some channels to have enough HD content. Given that, and the fact that other providers are going to scramble to pick up most of these channels, I'm going to wait to consider switching. This is an exciting transition time.

I feel your pain! My wife really is wanting HGTV, Food, NG, and a few others in HD, but as long as D* keeps on rolling out the channels on Wednesday mornings, she & I will continue to be happy. :D

Now, what I am really wondering about is the LIL that we were promised, as are we are in one of the few top 50 markets that has no HD LILs, but guess we will just have to be patient. :)

honestly, i don't think there will be anymore hd lil until directv 11 is launched in december or january. that was the plan earlier this year.

I dont see any trolling. Only legitimate questions that if some were adult enough they could address without calling names. They are good points. Much of this is simply SD.

Relax v-bono did not mean to start a fire and I did say that I would " retract" my statment in regards to such.So I whole-heartily apologize and lets all enjoy the latest D* HD offering in peace as brother satellite tv enthusiasts :luvlove::luvlove::luvlove:

First time poster

Is there any chance the G4TV will go HD soon? It is a shame that with the next gen consoles and all the hi-def games, we can't see game reviews and previews in HD. I would have thought that this would be a no brainer.

G4 is owned by Comcrap, IIRC, so take a guess at if and when they go HD. I am really surprised they are still on the air, as they have loaded up on old Cops reruns, etc. If Comcrap can't come up with decent programming, why would they rush into HD? :(

I am still waiting for them to bring Leo back, plus some of the other good shows they ditched when they changed ownership from Ziff-Davis. :)

Now, what I am really wondering about is the LIL that we were promised, as are we are in one of the few top 50 markets that has no HD LILs, but guess we will just have to be patient.

honestly, i don't think there will be anymore hd lil until directv 11 is launched in december or january. that was the plan earlier this year.

I think we can live with that, given that the rate D* is finally rolling out all the new choices. (Plus the fact that I have one reliable OTA antenna setup in place!) :)

Now, about those other aforementioned channels, ....................... lol

Im gonna see BSG in HD no matter where they put it now :)

I so hope E* picks up SciFI HD before the November BSG movie (or is it a miniseries?). SciFi has probably been the non-network channel people have anticipated in HD the most. Early adopters equals geeks equals SciFi watchers. That's just plain old math. Can't argue with math.

Blackouts?

Question:

Are blackouts for professional sporting events blacked out on the Sportspack channels?

I am in the Seattle area. I would love to get the new sportspack HD channels but not much good without the pro sports for me.

Thanks.

Maybe it's my PJ's coffee....but as a E* customer...i'm starting to feel panic setting in! If USA and SCIFI are out there and I can't get them....i'm getting the sweats....Help!

E*, don't make me go and get a D* setup too, it's already bad enough that I have 2 broadband feeds at my house!

Maybe it's my PJ's coffee....but as a E* customer...i'm starting to feel panic setting in! If USA and SCIFI are out there and I can't get them....i'm getting the sweats....Help!

E*, don't make me go and get a D* setup too, it's already bad enough that I have 2 broadband feeds at my house!
I have both and my wife hates me for it...:D

I'm hearing.............

HD lil very soon!

Come on... Albany!

(Seriously, though, Mankato, MN (DMA 200) before Albany, NY? (DMA 56))

All the HD retailers should be giving D* a slice of their increase in sales for the next three months. I suspect demand (OK, at his point, NEED) for multiple HD sets in a single household will climb quite rapidly. I already have the OK for another plasma screen. Will definitely jump if Albany LILs come on line.

Is there any chance the G4TV will go HD soon?
G4 is not on the RADAR, but that doesn't mean it isn't coming.

The best HD gaming action by far is on VOOM's Gameplay HD channel. They offer walk-throughs as well as tournament play.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts