Wednesday 6am Channel List. on D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Maybe it's my PJ's coffee....but as a E* customer...i'm starting to feel panic setting in! If USA and SCIFI are out there and I can't get them....i'm getting the sweats....Help!

E*, don't make me go and get a D* setup too, it's already bad enough that I have 2 broadband feeds at my house!
I thing you should try and relax. Things are moving very quickly right now. I think people should let the dust settle before jumping providers.

Now if Direct is doing 1920 vs the 1440 on E*, that is something to consider.

The amount varies by channel, but there is HD content on all of the channels.
Some channels only offer HD a few hours a week and then, only a specific type of programming. CNN and TBS come to mind (with a few still lamenting the TNT offering).

I'm keenly interested in how many hours per day of "real" HD that Sci-Fi and some of these other new channels offer. Saying that there is some is assumed with the presence of the channel, but TBS has pretty much called that into question.

I believe that if DIRECTV is adding channels with little HD just to say that they didn't miss the debut, they're missing the point of adding HD channels: to bring substantially more HD content to subscribers.

I am still waiting for them to bring Leo back, plus some of the other good shows they ditched when they changed ownership from Ziff-Davis. :)

Leo will never go back. Leo has hinted on his radio show/podcasts that there may be another Call for Help/Screensavers type show he is going to do on cable again in the future. I don't believe he's elaborated anymore than that on it though.

Some channels only offer HD a few hours a week and then, only a specific type of programming. CNN and TBS come to mind (with a few still lamenting the TNT offering).

I'm keenly interested in how many hours per day of "real" HD that Sci-Fi and some of these other new channels offer. Saying that there is some is assumed with the presence of the channel, but TBS has pretty much called that into question.

I believe that if DIRECTV is adding channels with little HD just to say that they didn't miss the debut, they're missing the point of adding HD channels: to bring substantially more HD content to subscribers.

Sorry have to disagreed because if D* didn't put up an HD channel where would the new HD programming debut?.:rolleyes:

I thing you should try and relax. Things are moving very quickly right now. I think people should let the dust settle before jumping providers.

Now if Direct is doing 1920 vs the 1440 on E*, that is something to consider.

Well if you let numbers dictate what you watch,instead of the reports here that the new D* MPEG4 HD channels are close to OTA,think you might be waiting for a long time.:rolleyes:

Also the more of an audience they have for HD, the more likely they will get with the program sooner about adding more HD content :)

I'm in full support of DirecTV adding HD channels that today might not have much HD programming. I say this because having the channel available to more "paying" customers will result in more shows and movies in the future being offered in HDTV. Companies won't spend money on a channel that nobody can receive. I consider TBS HD, USA Network HD and SciFi HD just as I did ESPN HD and ESPN2 HD when they launched. Both ESPN HD channels didn't have much HD content (not many live HD games either) but as time went on these channels are now showing a very large amount of HD programming along with tons of live sporting events.

I would rather have the channel available today on my TV provider even if much of the HD programming won't come for another year. At least I don't have to worry about "when and if" we all will get said channel once they do offer a good amount of HD content. Plus its not like DirecTV is taking up room offering an HD channel with little HD content while "not" having enough room to add a new HD channel that does have tons of HD content. We aren't being hurt by having these channels available as these channels aren't keeping us from getting other "better" HD channels.

I'm in full support of DirecTV adding HD channels that today might not have much HD programming. I say this because having the channel available to more "paying" customers will result in more shows and movies in the future being offered in HDTV. Companies won't spend money on a channel that nobody can receive. I consider TBS HD, USA Network HD and SciFi HD just as I did ESPN HD and ESPN2 HD when they launched. Both ESPN HD channels didn't have much HD content (not many live HD games either) but as time went on these channels are now showing a very large amount of HD programming along with tons of live sporting events.

I would rather have the channel available today on my TV provider even if much of the HD programming won't come for another year. At least I don't have to worry about "when and if" we all will get said channel once they do offer a good amount of HD content. Plus its not like DirecTV is taking up room offering an HD channel with little HD content while "not" having enough room to add a new HD channel that does have tons of HD content. We aren't being hurt by having these channels available as these channels aren't keeping us from getting other "better" HD channels.

:up:up:up

:clap

As far as the 1920 argument goes, the same holds true. IF the network is showing the channels in 1920, it sure looks to me like D* is sending them out that way.

And, yes, the MPEG4 is as good as my OTA HD is, and I get excellent reception of those. :)

For SCIFIHD, is good channel to have to the national lineup, its about time.

I am in total agreement with your statement!.Anyone who would disagree surely doesn't understand the concept of how can HD programming debut without having an HD channel to debut on,or it's just another E* subscriber trying to put D* down.But it actually benefits the E* subscriber too!.Well unless LOGO goes HD,or Chiller,or PBS Sprout ect. ect..:rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts