weird 771A error on 1 out of 3 boxes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just decided to get the service call. Now the H21 is showing stuff in slow motion, then it speeds up like I pressed FF and cannot get locals. Oay $120 for a receiver and get one that's old and messed up my service.
Oh, Here is the kicker...Just reset the H21 and now it's getting 771A error...I press the dash and it says SWiM is connected...Yeah, something not right here...Maybe bad Splitter. The D* CSR tried hard to say it is because I am missing a deca...

I'm thinking it could be a defective PI.

Yes I have whole Home DVR. HR24 on Main TV. But I do not have any DECAs right now. This is why I am confused. If I DO need it to utilize this receiver, why was one not sent with it and also, Why wouldn't they just send ah H24...Though I know the reason for that...You get what you get and you will like it sort of deal.

If you don't have DECAs and you do have mrv, then it must be the unsupported type with ethernet connections only, yes?

I have the way they set me up. No idea if it's the supported or unsupported way. I would think that since it was a professional install, it would be the correct way. Yes?

Yes, I would think! Do you have ethernet connections to a router? Without DECAs, that's the only way to get mrv that I know of.

Yes, I have my whole house wired for Cat 6 and a few routers in there as well...Ok, only 3 routers...

Strange that you would have mrv setup with ethernet if the DishStore did the work. Have you sent a PM to Claude about this?

No I did not. Just didn't realize it was not set up correctly. They did not do the work but got a contractor here in Maine to do the work.

My best advice would be to contact Claude here by pm.

Had a service call and the technician came out and said the whole problem was caused by a short in the wall connector in bed2. Frayed connection on the connector. Replaced that and it solved the issue. He also set me up for MRV the "correct" way. He was shocked that MRV was even working via ethernet. He also changed me to a SWM 3 instead of 5. Said since I only do HD that I didn't need a 5.
Anyway, it's all fixed. Thanks to your help raoul5788.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)