Weird DVR behavior

duke02

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
NC
So this morning I was all prepared to show off the new hopper setup to my wife and pulled up PTAT from the upstairs hopper on the downstairs one. Prior to her getting up, I had been watching the Lost World off Cinemax (not that' its particularly relevant) on one of the tuners but then started watching a recorded program on the downstairs receiver

When I tuned into the upstairs PTAT, it started shown the video for the Lost World and showed a red circle with a line through it on the TV. Thinking that it could be because I had already watched that program prior to my wife getting up, I turned the receiver off which fixed the showing the lost world thing and then tried another PTAT program. Same problem but without the crossed out red circle.

Reset fixed the video but we still have no audio from upstairs.

Any ideas what's going on here? This is the second time I've had to reset my receiver in 24 hours....

I had something similar happen. I went into the weather channel application the other day and backed out when it gave me the "info not available" message. When I backed out my Hopper was showing me video from USA network but audio from HBO, the channel I was on before I accessed the weather channel. Then when I went into any DVR recording it would keep showing me the live video from usa network with the recording icon with the line through it. I had to do a reset and haven't experienced the issue since. The Hopper in question was on (and still is) S217.

So far so good since the reset. I'm on S221 now, but not sure what I was on when it happened. On another matter, is it possible to set the DVR when you're fast forwarding to have it go back a few seconds when you hit play? This is the way most DVR's I have had have worked to account for reaction time but the hopper doesn't seem to do that. Is it a setting or just the way the Dish DVR's are?

How are you watching Hell on Wheels season 2?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)