Weird Hopper/Jeoy issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GooMan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
Alabama
We have 2 Hoppers & 3 Joeys, 1 Joey is connected to a Hopper and the other 2 Joeys are connected to the other Hopper. My daughters tell me their TVs (the 2 Joeys) aren't working so I go to investigate. Joeys are saying they can't find a Hopper and to check the wiring, etc. Neither of the Joeys can see anything on the whole home DVR screen. I go to the Hopper they are connected to and it can't see anything either but TV viewing works fine. I can't pair either of the Joeys to the other Hopper b/c it doesn't see ANY other device.

After playing around I realize the MoCA strength on the Hopper and both Joeys is 3 bars of gray where it usually is 4 bars of yellow (sometimes green). Absolutely nothing has changed from the time it was installed.

Here's where I'm not sure I can explain it clearly. I don't have either Hopper connected to the internet b/c I'm on S234 and it just doesn't work. I go into the broaband setup screen to look at the MoCA stats and see the red button option of "Top Ethernet, Bottom Ethernet, MoCA, or Wireless" is not available. It's grayed out and not able to be selected. The MAC address for MoCA is all zeros and there are no Rx or TX packets being sent. The IP address is 127.0.0.1, which is a loopback address. On my other Hopper the MAC address under MoCA looks like a normal MAC address and the IP address is a routable IP address that is not on my home ethernet network of 192.168.35.x, just what it has always been. The Rx & Tx packets are moving along like normal. I call Dish tech support and they say its a bad Hopper and they are shipping me a replacement (it was delivered today & on my front porch).

Well, this morning around 2:00 I discovered both of the Joeys and that Hopper are all working perfectly.

Why were the 2 Joeys not able to see the "good" Hopper?
Ever hear of anything like this?

Thats odd. Here is what I would do. If you hook up that new Hopper, its going to pull in S238 during the install process. I would personally put the new hopper in and between the new SW and the new hopper will fix it for good, or should.

I have an ethernet connection to my Hopper and I have S234 and it works just fine. I also have the wifi dingle attached tomy other Hopper. I can seen both Hoppers from DOL or Dish Anywhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)