Weird HR22 problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cocoon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 21, 2006
The other day I installed a HR22 and Zinwell WB68 multi-switch. The HR22 gets the channels its supposed to but when running the satellite setup it always fails now. I thought I might of put cables in wrong or something so I switched them with my older HR20. HR20 has no problems with satellite setup and neither does another R15.

This problem doesn't seem to affect operation but it is annoying that it fails the setup test. I'm not familiar with the HR22 enough to know if this is leading to a serious problem that would require replacement. Any ideas?

thanks

The other day I installed a HR22 and Zinwell WB68 multi-switch. The HR22 gets the channels its supposed to but when running the satellite setup it always fails now. I thought I might of put cables in wrong or something so I switched them with my older HR20. HR20 has no problems with satellite setup and neither does another R15.

This problem doesn't seem to affect operation but it is annoying that it fails the setup test. I'm not familiar with the HR22 enough to know if this is leading to a serious problem that would require replacement. Any ideas?

thanks

I would guess that it's just a software adjustment that D* is not worried about if all channels are working, they will fix it when they do an update for the unit.

Jimbo

thanks
Are you using bbc's, becuase you shouldn't use them with the HR22.

Are you using bbc's, becuase you shouldn't use them with the HR22.

BBCs came in the box with the HR22. Without the switch the HR22 used the BBCs with no problems. Do you mean when using the wb68 multi-switch not to use the bbc?

BBCs came in the box with the HR22. Without the switch the HR22 used the BBCs with no problems. Do you mean when using the wb68 multi-switch not to use the bbc?

The HR22 has built in BBC's so you have no need for the ones on the back of the unit.
Remove them and see if your problem goes away.

You would think that they would not matter, but you never know.
The built in ones are very new, so know one knows for sure yet.

Jimbo

The HR22 has built in BBC's so you have no need for the ones on the back of the unit.

Jimbo

I believe you're wrong about the HR22 not needing the BBCs. I just got a HR22 this past weekend and D* supplies BBCs with the HR22. Remember that the HR22 is just a HR21 with a bigger hard drive. The HR21 still requires BBCs. Plus I think the forth coming HR23 will be the first box that doesn't need the BBCs. The exception to this is if you have the Slimline Dish or SWM8 mulitswitch since that functionality is built into the slimline equipment.

Jimbo

Does not appear to make a difference so far and programs are going to be recorded in 20 minutes or so.

Does not appear to make a difference so far and programs are going to be recorded in 20 minutes or so.

Cocoon,
Put them back on, I think as uncrules mentioned, it is the NEXT generation that does not need them (H23 series, ) .
Without them you should NOT get your mpeg 4 channels.

Too many new rec's to keep track of.

Jimbo

Cocoon,
Put them back on, I think as uncrules mentioned, it is the NEXT generation that does not need them (H23 series, ) .
Without them you should NOT get your mpeg 4 channels.

Too many new rec's to keep track of.

Jimbo

The HR22 did not need the bbc for my local mpeg4s but the national mpeg4s required the bbc.

I believe you're wrong about the HR22 not needing the BBCs. I just got a HR22 this past weekend and D* supplies BBCs with the HR22. Remember that the HR22 is just a HR21 with a bigger hard drive. The HR21 still requires BBCs. Plus I think the forth coming HR23 will be the first box that doesn't need the BBCs. The exception to this is if you have the Slimline Dish or SWM8 mulitswitch since that functionality is built into the slimline equipment.
just to weigh in, i had installed hr22 this past tuesday,he did not use the wb68 no need for it. but did use two bbc's..regards

This may be the difference. I have the SWM LNB with HR22's and it would not work when the installer used a BBC. It even said it in the setup, to make sure you did not use one. Once he removed it, everything set up fine.

This may be the difference. I have the SWM LNB with HR22's and it would not work when the installer used a BBC. It even said it in the setup, to make sure you did not use one. Once he removed it, everything set up fine.

That's why I said that there was an exception to the need of BBCs if you have slimline equipment. The BBC functionality is built into the slimline stuff. The upcoming HR23 has built in BBCs but it is smart enough to disable them if you use slim line equipment.

A little update on the HR22.

With current national software and previous CE.

99 odd + even transponders crossed out
101 odd
103 odd + even

after tonights CE 281

99 odd + even transponders crossed out
103 odd + even

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)