Weird issue on Genie Mini

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trparky

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 10, 2015
Cleveland, OH
Take a look at the bottom of the screen, note the weird corrupted graphics. What's going on? How do I fix it?
IMG_0179.JPG

I rebooted the Mini several times, no fix. The issue doesn't appear on the main Genie though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you just get the system? If so (and even for later), the mini will have to get its software updates via the Genie DVR (it should be automatic, but will be obvious in the process).

Always be sure to power down and then boot up (not just powercycle) the main Genie DVR. I've remedied issues even with other DVRs attempting to work with Whole-Home DVR (separate issue).

Reactions: dishrich
OK, issue solved. I rebooted both the main Genie and the Genie Mini and the graphics on the Genie Mini show properly.

Most issues with the mini are resolved by rebooting the Genie.

I love when people tell me, "But that one's working fine!"

Lol, reset it anyway.

Most issues with the mini are resolved by rebooting the Genie.

I love when people tell me, "But that one's working fine!"

Lol, reset it anyway.
You need to educate your customers that the signal from the mini is coming from the Genie. So if the mini is acting up, chances are that is the Genie acting up (behind the scenes)

You need to educate your customers that the signal from the mini is coming from the Genie. So if the mini is acting up, chances are that is the Genie acting up (behind the scenes)

Oh, no. I do that plenty. They just don't realise at first. They're aware once they get off the phone. :)

Known issue? Does DirecTV know about it? When is it going to be fixed?
Yep, there is a CADIE about it. don't stress it too much, it foes not happen frequently and when it does a simple reset takes care of it. Pretty sure DIRECTV will take care of this eventually.

Asking when an issue is going to be fix is like shooting in the dark. keep in mind DIRECTV publishes (internally) they known issues, however they never give an ETA for a fix.

Take a look at the bottom of the screen, note the weird corrupted graphics. What's going on? How do I fix it?
View attachment 111784

I to have had this same issue. Restarting the mini or Genie DVR clears the problem. However I have another issue that I think is related to your problem. At times I'm unable to launch Scoreguide, TV Apps, or the worse is Sunday NFL Ticket channel 702 changing audio or selecting a game to change to (no blue box displayed) . If I reboot the mini or Genie DVR the problem is cleared. This only happens on 1 mini, the Genie DVR and the other mini are both fine. I've brought this up with a Diectrv TV tech and they couldn't understand my problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)