Weird Joey Behavior

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rdinkel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Woodland Park, Colorado
This morning one Joey we were watching suddenly froze--picture did not move and no sound. About 5 seconds later it started working again. Pressed view on remote to make sure program was still in live mode. It was. So, then I went to touch the Joey to see if it were overheated. It was not hot to the touch. However, that was when the Joey started acting "weird." Whenever I touched the Joey, it changed channels! As long as I was touching it, the channels continued to move down, one number at a time. I guess I must be a 40.0 remote! :confused:

Perhaps the behavior was due in part to our being wirelessly online with our two laptops and associated mice within about 8 feet from the TV/Joey. Maybe I somehow became an antenna for those signals that the Joey took as a valid command?

Following Zach's recommendation (DIRT) to cycle power, the Joey no longer changes channels when I touch it. Also, have not seen it freeze since. Hopefully that has fixed the problem.

Last edited:
It's part of the new Intuitive Learning behavior the Joey has. IT senses you want to change channels and it does it when you touch it. NO need for a uhf remote with this new feature.......

NOT!!;)

UPDATE: Joey continued to have problems, so DIRT sent me a replacement. New Joey is working well, so far. Also, since I live in Colorado, the replacement Joey was here the next day! Thanks, again, Zach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts