Weird Joey Behavior

rdinkel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Woodland Park, Colorado
This morning one Joey we were watching suddenly froze--picture did not move and no sound. About 5 seconds later it started working again. Pressed view on remote to make sure program was still in live mode. It was. So, then I went to touch the Joey to see if it were overheated. It was not hot to the touch. However, that was when the Joey started acting "weird." Whenever I touched the Joey, it changed channels! As long as I was touching it, the channels continued to move down, one number at a time. I guess I must be a 40.0 remote! :confused:

Perhaps the behavior was due in part to our being wirelessly online with our two laptops and associated mice within about 8 feet from the TV/Joey. Maybe I somehow became an antenna for those signals that the Joey took as a valid command?

Following Zach's recommendation (DIRT) to cycle power, the Joey no longer changes channels when I touch it. Also, have not seen it freeze since. Hopefully that has fixed the problem.

Last edited:
It's part of the new Intuitive Learning behavior the Joey has. IT senses you want to change channels and it does it when you touch it. NO need for a uhf remote with this new feature.......

NOT!!;)

UPDATE: Joey continued to have problems, so DIRT sent me a replacement. New Joey is working well, so far. Also, since I live in Colorado, the replacement Joey was here the next day! Thanks, again, Zach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)