Weird New Issue with C/KU reception. HELP PLEASE!

GetBit03

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
St. Louis MO.
OK Guys, hopefully someone has had this issue or can help. I am out of ideas and pulling my hair out. First I must say I changed nothing in my setup except my C band dish. I am using all the same wiring and LNB's. My setup consists of a 7.5' C-band mesh with a single output PLL LNBF and a V box to move it. I also have a Primestar 84e with the dual output Eagle Aspen LNBF and a USALS mover. This is all going to my X2 Premium HD FTA Receiver. My setup has always worked GREAT! I use a 1X4 DISEqC switch with c band on 1 and KU band on 2. The problem I am having is when I set everything up on the receiver and blindscan I receive C band channels on both c band and KU band and never scan any KU channels. When scanning it shows KU Frequencies but picks up C channels. I unhooked the DISEqC switch and went straight to the KU dish, Scanned all KU Frequencies fine. Hooked directly to the c band dish and scanned all the C frequencies fine. I replaced the DISEqC switch and same issue. I had all the KU Frequencies scanned in the first time and I received KU frequencies but when I changed channels my receiver kept restarting itself and defaulting to the original channel. I deleted the Transponders from history and it stopped restarting. I feel this HAS to be a problem with the KU dish but everything works when the DISEqC switch is removed even the motor... PLEASE HELP I'm out of ideas!

Well, I'm now leaning towards a fault in the DISEqC section of the receiver. I moved the C-band dish to where it was not receiving anything then scanned the KU dish and all channels were received and watchable. Moved the C-Band dish and scanned, got all channels but killed all the KU channels. Funny thing is C channels work but meter shows nothing. LOL seems to be all problems with the receiver. Guess it's time to buy a new box anyway...

Reactions: FTA4PA
Well, I'm now leaning towards a fault in the DISEqC section of the receiver. I moved the C-band dish to where it was not receiving anything then scanned the KU dish and all channels were received and watchable. Moved the C-Band dish and scanned, got all channels but killed all the KU channels. Funny thing is C channels work but meter shows nothing. LOL seems to be all problems with the receiver. Guess it's time to buy a new box anyway...
if you have tried another diseqc switch and still had the same problem, i would agree the problem is more likely with the diseqc commands from the receiver. Maybe try resetting the receiver to factory default and go from there, in case it's just a software corruption?

Another thing worth trying is setting up a satellite in the receiver, that uses port 2 for Ku but does not have any USALS or Diseqc 1.2 settings, so that the receiver sends only diseqc 1.0 commands, and see if that works

if that also fails, yes I agree that getting a new, up-to date receiver would be a good idea. Something that can do 4K and h.265.

Reactions: FTA4PA
I tried removing the DISEqC V-Box and also the Stab 90 HH and the problem still persists. I tried also with nothing on but the DISEqC 1.0 commands to the 1X4 switch itself. It seems to me the receiver is not seeing the DISEqC switch at all and the C-Band channels are overpowering the KU Frequencies. Just need to decide which way to go with the receiver. I'm leaning towards an Enigma 2 STB but I've always wanted to do a tuner card as PC's are in no shortage for me and I can tinker much more with the tuner card... Then there's the cheaper Amiko.... Decisions decisions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts