weird prime time recording with skipping ads

sktrus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2020
Ken ta kee
In the past I tried prime time recording from networks. I realized the wife and I were watching few of the recordings. I ended up deleting most without watching. Of course, we loved auto commercial skipping. So, I set few shows from network stations (abc, nbc, etc.) recorded. I used the remote to skip ads. But, few individual recorded shows (Hawaii 50, Law and Order) offered that feature. my question is whether or not it is possible to record with that feature.

In the past I tried prime time recording from networks. I realized the wife and I were watching few of the recordings. I ended up deleting most without watching. Of course, we loved auto commercial skipping. So, I set few shows from network stations (abc, nbc, etc.) recorded. I used the remote to skip ads. But, few individual recorded shows (Hawaii 50, Law and Order) offered that feature. my question is whether or not it is possible to record with that feature.
If it is turned in, and the allotted wait time is passed, you can use autohop on those. CBS is 8 days, Fox is 7 days, NBC and ABC are both next day(except in O&O where it is 72 hours).

Reactions: TheKrell and Bobby
To get autohop you just need to have Primetime Anytime set to record a single network, one day a week and save for two days only. I use FOX on Saturday since that network wannabe has nothing on Saturday nights I would want.

Reactions: charlesrshell
To get autohop you just need to have Primetime Anytime set to record a single network, one day a week and save for two days only. I use FOX on Saturday since that network wannabe has nothing on Saturday nights I would want.

To give you yet another option, you should realize that, without subscribing to satellite locals, you can turn on PTAT at no cost and nothing gets recorded. :D But autohop for your OTA locals works anyhow (after the delay).

Thanks for the answers. I was not clear enough. I know how Autohop works. I can select all networks, few, all week or days I want. Almost %92 is full on my Hopper 3. This is what I want: Go to guide, select shows on Networks and record. When I watch them, I want to select the show (with autohop), then I don't bother using the remote to forward during the commercials. In the past, Hopper did not allow that.
I had couple shows recorded, I noticed those recordings gave me the autohop option. Since I did not expect that, I was pleasantly surprised. But, the newer recording of the same show (Hawaii 50) omitted that feature. So, is there a way to record few with Autohop?

OK, here we go. Recorded last 2 "60 Minutes" shows from CBS. The first one had "Autohop" feature. I said "Yes", and it worked flawlessly. The second (recorded last Sunday) didn't. Are you guys suggesting there has to be 7-8 days between recording date and viewing date to use Autohop? :confused:

What is O@O? Means no waiting at all?

OK, I went back and read everything. I get it. Time restrictions for Autohop. My apology. This virus scare getting to me I reckon!:rolleyes:

Hey guys! Friendly Dish team here. This is the information we have on AutoHop:

AutoHop Availability by Day
ABC (Unrestricted Markets) – 1 day delay
ABC (Restricted Markets) – 4 day delay:
  • Chicago, IL
  • Los Angeles, CA
  • New York, NY
  • Philadelphia, PA
  • San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose, CA
  • Fresno/Visalia, CA
  • Houston, TX
  • Raleigh/Duram, NC
NBC (Unrestricted Markets) – 1 day delay
NBC (Restricted Markets) – 7 day delay:
  • Chicago, IL
  • Dallas, TX
  • Harrisonburg, VA
  • Hartford, CT
  • Los Angeles, CA
  • Miami, FL
  • New York, NY
  • Philadelphia, PA
  • Puerto Rico
  • San Diego, CA
  • San Francisco, CA
  • Washington DC

Fox – 7 day delay
CBS – 8 day delay

AutoHop restrictions are required as part of our agreements with local networks.
If customers would like the availability to use AutoHop past the 8th day, they may save their PrimeTime Anytime recording to the "My Recordings" folder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts