Weird Problem with Azbox Premium

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

N2bnfunn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 24, 2010
My House
Here is my problem I have an Pansat 9200 and a Azbox Premium Plus IRD, both connect to the same BUD.

The problem I am having it with Azbox box if I do a blind scan with my Pansat
9200 it will find S2 8PSK fine no problems but with my Azbox when I do a blind like on AMC-15 <105C> the NBC it will find S2/8psk freq and even find the NBC east west mountian but with I go to view it, I will see the picture for like 1 second and then is says No SIGNAL... I have bypass the diseqc switch same thing.

I have went to the menu and highlighted the freq and watch the signal go from 82 to 0. And just keep doing that I have trying manually changing the
SR numbers the FEC and play with the pilot 0 and 1 same thing.

I have this same problem on Galaxy 16 ABC HD but if I switch over to my Pansat 9200 it works just fine.

I have try a few firmwares and right now I am using the lastest firmware 42.83

Any Suggestion thanks in advance

That suggests your dish is marginally out of line and the Pansat 9200 has better sensitivity in its tuner or the AZbox tuner is somewhat "deaf". You might also try changing the AZ tuner to the other slot.

Here is my problem I have an Pansat 9200 and a Azbox Premium Plus IRD, both connect to the same BUD.

The problem I am having it with Azbox box if I do a blind scan with my Pansat
9200 it will find S2 8PSK fine no problems but with my Azbox when I do a blind like on AMC-15 <105C> the NBC it will find S2/8psk freq and even find the NBC east west mountian but with I go to view it, I will see the picture for like 1 second and then is says No SIGNAL... I have bypass the diseqc switch same thing.

I have went to the menu and highlighted the freq and watch the signal go from 82 to 0. And just keep doing that I have trying manually changing the
SR numbers the FEC and play with the pilot 0 and 1 same thing.

I have this same problem on Galaxy 16 ABC HD but if I switch over to my Pansat 9200 it works just fine.

I have try a few firmwares and right now I am using the lastest firmware 42.83

Any Suggestion thanks in advance

My question is how do you have the 2 receivers connected to the same BUD?
And what is the Pansat doing while you're using the Azbox?
Basically, are both Pansat and Azbox slaved to an analog receiver, via a splitter, or is the BUD powered by one of the FTA receivers?

The reason I'm curious, is that I have seen this on/off/on/off/on/off.. etc thing all the time, when I have one FTA receiver powering an LNBF, and have another FTA receiver watching the same signal, either via a splitter or passthru.
What happens to me is if my master receiver is locked on a transponder _OR_ if I turn off diseqC switch control on the master, then the slave receiver receives a clean signal. If, however, I just set the master to the proper polarity, but not locked on a transponder, then I get the on/off/on/off behavior. It is caused by the master receiver trying to find a signal by sending diseqC signals, and each time it sends the diseqC signal, it kills the signal to the slave receiver. If I turn off diseqC, then the slave suddenly gets a clean signal, and a diseqC switch will stay on it's set port when diseqC is turned off, as long as you're careful to not go through another port setting to turn it off.
I've seen this behavior with several different receivers, and have spectrum plots showing the behavior where you wouldn't recognize the two plots as being the same satellite.
Anyway, probably NOT your problem, but the on/off/on/off thing caught my attention, and if by chance you're Pansat is the master receiver, then I thought I should comment that it is important to consider what the master is tuned to.

My question is how do you have the 2 receivers connected to the same BUD?
And what is the Pansat doing while you're using the Azbox?
Basically, are both Pansat and Azbox slaved to an analog receiver, via a splitter, or is the BUD powered by one of the FTA receivers?

The reason I'm curious, is that I have seen this on/off/on/off/on/off.. etc thing all the time, when I have one FTA receiver powering an LNBF, and have another FTA receiver watching the same signal, either via a splitter or passthru.
What happens to me is if my master receiver is locked on a transponder _OR_ if I turn off diseqC switch control on the master, then the slave receiver receives a clean signal. If, however, I just set the master to the proper polarity, but not locked on a transponder, then I get the on/off/on/off behavior. It is caused by the master receiver trying to find a signal by sending diseqC signals, and each time it sends the diseqC signal, it kills the signal to the slave receiver. If I turn off diseqC, then the slave suddenly gets a clean signal, and a diseqC switch will stay on it's set port when diseqC is turned off, as long as you're careful to not go through another port setting to turn it off.
I've seen this behavior with several different receivers, and have spectrum plots showing the behavior where you wouldn't recognize the two plots as being the same satellite.
Anyway, probably NOT your problem, but the on/off/on/off thing caught my attention, and if by chance you're Pansat is the master receiver, then I thought I should comment that it is important to consider what the master is tuned to.

I use an A B switch to switch from one IRD to the other

What LNB model do you use - bandstacking? Low end mechanical A/B switch can contribute to high frequency signal losses, and overall signal degradation. Try without it, and if it helps, replace it with a good Multiswitch - some like powered WNC SWA-48 cost $5 new on EBay if you catch it.

Dude of course I had try bypassing the AB switch to see if that was the problem, and I am using a high end Norsat LNB on my bud

N2bnfunn, You seem to take offense by people who want to help and don't know your skill level. The skills on this site varies from "can't find the power switch" to "does anyone have a Circuit diagram for...."

If you wan't to fight of the offensive post, try to list gear or skill level in a signature. Or do like me and claim total ignorance of all things! :)

I notice one thing on AZBOX Preuim Plus is that the SR is off like by 3 is the
SR should be 3000 when you do a blind using the ABOX Plus if will be 2997.
at first I thought it was my LNB but both C and KU band comes back off.

If I put in the right SR then the IRD will not get no signal

Weird Problem with Azbox Premium +

N2bnfunn
I am a new guy in this forum, i come from satforums where i have been a member and still am for 6 and a half years but due to an unfortunate misunderstanding with the forum owner i decided to move on.
I have had an AZ Box Premium + for about 3 weeks now and i can tell you
that there is nothing wrong with your set up but i have to agree with some of the suggestions by other members because i have had problems like that in the past and they were caused by my set up and not the receiver.
In this case i have the exact same problem like you have.
It appears that the problem is with the tuner based on my knowledge.
This tuner is able to lock and hold all DVB-S2 8PSK Transponders with a
FEC up to 3/4, from 5/6 and above it will download channels but the signal
will not hold. I sent the manufacturer 3 e-mails already and finally on the 3rd
one they replied telling me this problem will be fixed soon, it's already been a
week and i haven't seen anything. To back up my case i have 4 other S2 capable receivers and a couple of PC Cards S2 capable and all of them are working fine. I also sent them a few other items that require attention and some suggestions especially on the blindscan,hopefully they will respond to them. This is the receiver that all the hobbyist have been waiting for a long
time and i am sure they will make it right eventually.
Please send them an e-mail describing this problem hopefully they get the
message and move on it or if you find a fix please post it.

Thank You
Tede

Last edited:
Ok and thanks it was driving me crazy but I was able to get a few of the S2 8SPK channel by using the skew on my B U D dish and fining tune it by using that and I was able to get a few on AMC 15 but not the ones on Galaxy 16.

And I will send an email to them about the problem

Back to your original question NBC has 2 C band TPs on AMC 18 (not 15) both at 105
on 3780V it is encrypted in Digicipher2 video compression which would give the pic display you describe where as 3940 H should be ok. I have noticed some receivers do not register chnannels with identical names even on different frequencies when blindscanning.

On Galaxy16 I was not aware ABC had an HD TP unless you are talking the feed 3781v and there is only 1 other FTA HD chanel My tv

...i have had problems like that in the past and they were caused by my set up and not the receiver.
will not hold.

Re the holding on FEC above 5/6, thankfully that isn't a problem with the Elete. It works fine on all FEC values I've encountered. Does a fine job on the G-16 ABC HD, and the G28 CBS HD feeds, both of which are 9/10. In fact it almost seems to work better on the high FEC values, because I've had more problems with low FEC transponders than high FEC ones.... perhaps it has less work to do making corrections, I don't know. I think that the ONLY transponder that has given the Elete problems, that my other S2 receivers were able to receive is the OETA transponder. One day I was locking it fine with TT3200 and Diamond 9000, but the Elete wouldn't lock it for some unknown reason. Not sure what the FEC of that one is off hand, although I could look it up on the Diamond channel editor.
But if the plus version is doing things like this, I think I'll forget about my thoughts of getting it just for blind scan. I'm pretty happy with the Elete. Anyway, sorry to hear that the PLUS has problems like this.

Relative to emailing the manufacturer, they do have both a suggestion page and a BUG report form on their web page. Seems like you might get more action reporting things there, even though the one suggestion I put there a few weeks ago has been ignored.

Yeah and thanks alot for your insite on this matter. Today I email them and told them about the problems I was having with my plus system and will let you all know what they say about the problems with this box.

Yeah and thanks alot for your insite on this matter. Today I email them and told them about the problems I was having with my plus system and will let you all know what they say about the problems with this box.

N2Bnfunn,

There is also a site for OpenSAT where you can post "bug" reports. Are you familiar with this site? I think you might get better results (not so much feedback directly to you for your personal issue, but I think they may take the "bug" reports more seriously).

On this web site, they have a really specific template that they desire you to use, which is a bit of a pain, but I do believe that when you report bugs through this channel, they take them more seriously and forward the information to the techs (programmers) directly.

You might consider trying this avenue as well as emailing them. I have posted bug reports there on several instances.

Here is the site address:

Welcome to AZBox &bull; Index page

From this page, you may register as a member (free).

RADAR

N2Bnfunn,

There is also a site for OpenSAT where you can post "bug" reports. Are you familiar with this site? I think you might get better results (not so much feedback directly to you for your personal issue, but I think they may take the "bug" reports more seriously).

On this web site, they have a really specific template that they desire you to use, which is a bit of a pain, but I do believe that when you report bugs through this channel, they take them more seriously and forward the information to the techs (programmers) directly.

You might consider trying this avenue as well as emailing them. I have posted bug reports there on several instances.

Here is the site address:

Welcome to AZBox &bull; Index page

From this page, you may register as a member (free).

RADAR

I saw his name there earlier today!

N2bnfunn
I am a new guy in this forum, i come from satforums where i have been a member and still am for 6 and a half years but due to an unfortunate misunderstanding with the forum owner i decided to move on.
I have had an AZ Box Premium + for about 3 weeks now and i can tell you
that there is nothing wrong with your set up but i have to agree with some of the suggestions by other members because i have had problems like that in the past and they were caused by my set up and not the receiver.
will not hold. I sent the manufacturer 3 e-mails already and finally on the 3rd
one they replied telling me this problem will be fixed soon, it's already been a
week and i haven't seen anything. To back up my case i have 4 other S2 capable receivers and a couple of PC Cards S2 capable and all of them are working fine. I also sent them a few other items that require attention and some suggestions especially on the blindscan,hopefully they will respond to them. This is the receiver that all the hobbyist have been waiting for a long
time and i am sure they will make it right eventually.

Thank You
Tede

Hey Tedel question does your plus have a single tuner or a dual tuner ?Digital Receivers, Azbox: Azbox - Satshop sat shop

Hey Tedel question does your plus have a single tuner or a dual tuner ?Digital Receivers, Azbox: Azbox - Satshop sat shop
I got dual satellite tuner but i am still trying to figure things out.
Last night i installed 4348 version because i was reading the AZ Box forum
and they said that version is the most stable, when the receiver rebooted
i got a flashing AZBOX logo in the middle of the screen and the receiver is basically dead. I tried the flash repair but can not do it i am working on it again tonight, hope i can bring it back to life.

Tede

I am sorry to hear that TEDE mine went out on me a while back the power supply died on mine let me know if you get it working.

I got dual satellite tuner but i am still trying to figure things out.
Last night i installed 4348 version because i was reading the AZ Box forum
and they said that version is the most stable, when the receiver rebooted
i got a flashing AZBOX logo in the middle of the screen and the receiver is basically dead. I tried the flash repair but can not do it i am working on it again tonight, hope i can bring it back to life.

Tede

Did you try hooking up the Azbox via regular A/V cables instead of HDMI or component? On several occasions I was absolutely convinced that my Azbox was dead, but it had just switched video mode on me.