Weird rebooting VIP 622 problem...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tennisgrl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
For the last couple of weeks, I've been having an issue with my VIP 622 that is quite annoying. Seems like sometime in the early morning (possibly after its 6am update) it sounds like it reboots itself like every 10 minutes, except its only about a 3 second revving noise...not like a full reboot. I know that sounds strange....hard to explain it. Anyway, this goes on until I turn on the box, which is a fight to get it to come on. Today, it took about 10 minutes from the time I turned on the box just to get the Dish Network screen that says that the receiver is off (stand by). This is getting really annoying and may be the last straw that I can take with this stupid box.

Mine started doing the same today. Fan spins up for a few seconds, then nothing. I can hear the HDD in use, but nothing ever happens. Been fighting with it all night, power button reboot doesn't do anything, and unplugging it doesn't work either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts