weird request

johnner1999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
earth
does anyone have a dual dish 500/300 instal on their home? if yes can you attach a photo? my wife doesn't like the size of the new 5-lnb D* dish plus it would need to be mounted to the roof (something neither of us like too much as we did just install a new roof and well I guess I'm being too old school) and she's not sure what it will look like having two dishes on the side of the roof/attic wall...

I know its strange - but thought I'd ask :)

John

:) i don't have a pic. mine are on trypods. i suggest you use another type mount. like a vent pipe mount or a pole mount. but please don't penetrate a brand new roof! it makes me cringe :eek: when i see that unnecessarily done. there are so many other ways. good luck!

johnner1999 said:
does anyone have a dual dish 500/300 instal on their home? if yes can you attach a photo? my wife doesn't like the size of the new 5-lnb D* dish plus it would need to be mounted to the roof (something neither of us like too much as we did just install a new roof and well I guess I'm being too old school) and she's not sure what it will look like having two dishes on the side of the roof/attic wall...

I know its strange - but thought I'd ask :)

John
The AT9 dish does not have to be mounted on the roof, it could be mounted on a chimney, on a pole anchored to the house but extending above the roof line. Or if it is not an obstructed location to the side of the building. My showroom dish is mounted to the corner post of a porch so the bottom of the dish is about 7' off the ground. There are many alternatives but you might have to go to an experienced dealer instead of the 800#.:) :) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)