Weird Sound on certain HD channels on replacement HR20-700

Status
Please reply by conversation.

juventuz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Binghamton
I just received a replacement HD DVR today, my first one (which I got just two weeks ago) was faulty, and I got everything installed and up and running ok. Now my problem is with the sounds on channels 70-88. All the HD programs are having no sound, or when there is sound it's making a popping or crackling noise. When they show a SD commerical the sound is fine, but once it goes to HD I can't hear a thing.

I'm currently receiving NBCEast HD and FOXEast HD as well as a few OTA HD locals and they're all having the same problem. My local CBS OTA was having no issues with the sound, but Survivor wasn't being shown in HD. My other OTA stations showing HD were also showing the same problem. Any ideas on what it could be? I'm only a subscriber for two weeks no and have had nothing but problems. I'm a bit pissed to be honest.

Everything was connected like it was prior to the new DVR. I have the audio going straight to my tv through the HDMI cable.

After a couple calls and an hour on the line with Tech Support they're sending out a new one. This will be my third DVR in the two weeks I've been a D* customer. So far I'm extremely disappointed with everything that's happened, my DVR troubles are about half of the story.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)