Weirdness yesterday, temporarily lost HD locals.

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
When trying to tune in, got quick message saying channel could not be found. Used SD channel instead. A little later, got the old "We are aware of the problem....." message. Finally, about an hour later, all was well. Messsing with transponders? On WA.

Seems to be a common occurrence ever since they added this "Over-Sensitive" software that makes the switchover but can't seem to switch back to the HD Channel on it's own.. I keep coming in an finding my wife watching the SD channel and all she can say is Dish did it.. I admire the reason behind this automatic switcher. I just wish it didn't change every time the wind blows..

sad part is and nothing against you DIRT folks, but how many trouble calls were tripped by uninformed csr's taking those calls?

There shouldn't have been any. Updates are sent out to everyone, including CSRs, anytime something like this happens and it states not to setup service calls or preform checkswitch tests.

There shouldn't have been any. Updates are sent out to everyone, including CSRs, anytime something like this happens and it states not to setup service calls or preform checkswitch tests.

And as said earlier, I got the "we are aware...do not call" message.

And as said earlier, I got the "we are aware...do not call" message.

That's an automated response on the receiver anytime it loses signal on locals regardless of cause.

You mentioned you were on wa. Curious as to which bird & tp your hd locals are on. Been having low signal issues here on 129 tp 11. Sometimes I can hit the mid 40's but most times only the low 30's.

Had lots of calls this past week with signal problems associated with hd local channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts