Welcome back Old Man Winter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
mdonnelly said:
I've been through Pecos, TX a few times, and any river there must be dry 360 days a year. Are you sure those were boats? Maybe they were large armadillos. :D
Actually 2 dams, 2 lakes through town... we are upstream from Pecos 90 miles...:) 50 outside here but supposed to be cold tomarrow...

LOL, look at this for Dallas:

Tomorrow night's forcast:

Snow will taper off and end in the evening but skies will remain cloudy overnight. Very cold. Low 17F. Winds N at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches.

In the words of Hank Hill: "Snow?! Texans aren't prepared for this!" :D

John the only thing I didnt like about Miami was the traffic and the lack of law enforcement in relations to it. I didnt have any issues with the locals wether born there or expats from other parts of the globe. The heat wasnt an issue for me at all, I could handle it 365 days a year, I never had any problems with the local youth, even working in little haitti was fine and doing work on south beach, sunny isle beaches, and aventura wasnt a problem for me. One area that is rough to work in is Coral Gables because of the age of the homes, the size of the homes, and the need to have a 5 yr old that can fit into the attic to pull the lines.

Southeastern michigan just isnt a good place in the winter time if you ask me, I could name all the reasons but I dont think theres enough space and I dont want to come off overly negative, suffice it to say I would have not a single issue with relocating my small family to Florida and hopefully will be doing so in a few months to the orlando area if I can get the transfer paperwork going. I guess that for me that after working outside for the last 15 or so years in various jobs that its getting harder for me to deal with the cold, right now even though the thermostat is set at 70 there is a definite chill in the air inside the house and it iritates me to no end.

Last edited:
Iceberg said:
very cold?
Hell in MN weather people said cold and that was for -12 :)

I was reading a national geographic article on winter weather survival in northern minn and the instructor took a cup of hot water from the coffee pot and tossed it in the air and before it hit the ground it had frozen. If Im remembering correctly it was a clear morning with no wind and the temp was something like -45 below, so Iceberg has my respect for living in Minn.

Ya know I don't even notice the cold anymore. You just become kinda numb to it at some point. That storm that's going through texas/oklahoma is heading right for us in the great lakes...gee thanks, I guess the lake effect hasn't been enough of a hammer this week...

Global warming eh?

about the same here ferg, been sunny all day so no lake effect here, hardly ever see it in the metro, been wearing my new winter boots in the house all day.

It's funny, we had "Heavy Snow Warnings" for like the last 24 hours...last night around 3am I hear on the radio that they've been cancelled. So I go outside and sure enough, it's clear as can be...By 7am it was straight out of "The Day After Tomorrow" outside, nasty nasty stuff...

We're on our way to the worst winter ever...

storm here in MN that started last night and is suppose to last until Friday

10-12+ inches of snow expected :(

maybe I'll take the snowmobile to work :)

Yeah it's on it's way here shortly they say...I'm getting basically what you're getting, just a half-day (or 3/4 day) later, with a little extra lake effect on top of it...

Why do we put ourselves through this every year?

Purogamer said:
Yeah it's on it's way here shortly they say...I'm getting basically what you're getting, just a half-day (or 3/4 day) later, with a little extra lake effect on top of it...

Why do we put ourselves through this every year?

I wish I knew the answer to that question.

Our snow is being preceded by an ice storm which is definitely worse than the snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)