Welcome Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I remember that now that you mention it. I am sure Scott and the crew are still tweaking things and thinking of more ways to improve the site as we speak.

Me no like the new version.

Me also have to log in every time I revisit, althought I check the box that says "Rememebr Me".

Nothing like an "upgrade"...

I've been gone a week or so. I was quite surprised to find what has happened to this site. The look seems okay, but the site is much slower than before. Pages load much more slowly than before. Nothing has changed on my end, so it is most likely the site. This site is now on a par, speed-wise, w/ AVS Forum, and that ain't good!

Last edited:
Well, at least my post went up OK, though very slowly. BTW, what is that bag of ---- in different colors next to our names?

Last edited:
Carl B said:
Well, at least my post went up OK, though very slowly. BTW, what is that bag of ---- in different colors next to our names?
IT tells you if that person is online or not, move your cursor over it.
Also this site seems to work fine for me, not slow here.

Last edited:
Nothing happens when I move my cursor over the bag.

I went off-line and dumped my old cookie and my IE cache. I increased the maximum size of my IE cache to 100 MB and of the memory allocated to IE (IE for Mac 5.1.7 on Mac OS 9.2.2) to 50 MB. Did a restart and came back to this site. No problem getting on, it remembered me and my avatar. But, no improvement in loading speed. Still very slow.

It's not a bag of poop, it's a person peg. Haven't you ever played the game Sorry, because it looks just like the blue guy...

The last time I played Sorry, LBJ was President. I don't remember much about it, but whatever!
I increased the memory allocation to IE to 64 MBs and I'm finally seeing a little pick up in speed. But, not like it used to be, and that was without all the extra memory allocation.

riffjim4069 said:
After the upgrade, I noticed my paragraphs are bunching together; line feeds or even manual spacing isn't working. Is there a user controlled setting I can change to stop this?
Thanks (there should be a space between line and the line above)

I noticed this when I went back to edit a post: blank lines got removed.... but not every time!

Sometimes it is OK.

Last edited:
Most users ever online was 1223, Yesterday at 10:57 AM.

Currently: 457 users online...

You guys must have very fast servers... I often use another vBulletin Forum site with half that many users and it is twice as slow as this one... Satelliteguys is often 10x faster!

Performance seems good here. (Windows 2000 Pro, IE 6.x, DSL, Old 450Mhz Athlon with 192 MB RAM)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)